Former Obama U.S. Attorney Calls Reporter’s Attention to Corrupt Politicians

BUT NOT OBAMA

by Sharon Rondeau

(Apr. 15, 2017) — On Saturday afternoon, former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara responded to a tweet from NBC and MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell which stated of the Trump administration, “I have never seen anything like this where people just flat-out lie.”

Left-leaning Mitchell made the comment to left-leaning The Global Politico, to which Mitchell led readers in her tweet with a link.

The specific article reported:

In a new interview for The Global Politico, our weekly podcast on world affairs in the Trump era, Mitchell says that after covering every president since Jimmy Carter, Trump is by far the most hostile to the press—and to the truth—she’s ever seen, with a White House staff using the briefing room as a daily disinformation machine and a president and secretary of state outright undermining the ability of reporters to do their job.

Bharara, who the Trump administration asked to resign last month along with the remaining 46 other Obama-era U.S. attorneys, tweeted in response that “Andrea clearly hasn’t covered certain people in New York politics.”

During his tenure, Bharara was noted for having prosecuted New York state legislators from both major political parties for using their respective offices for personal gain and other corrupt acts.

The Post & Email noted no response to its tweet.

In a statement issued after he was asked to resign but reportedly refused to do so, Bharara wrote, “Today, I was fired from my position as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York. Serving my country as U.S. Attorney here for the past seven years will forever be the greatest honor of my professional life, no matter what else I do or how long I live. One hallmark of justice is absolute independence, and that was my touchstone every day that I served. I want to thank the amazing people of the Southern District of New York, the greatest public servants in the world, for everything they do each day in pursuit of justice. They will continue to do the great work of the Office under the leadership of Joon H. Kim, the current Deputy U.S. Attorney, who will serve as Acting U.S. Attorney.”

Following Bharara’s dismissal on March 11, author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza accused Bharara of abuser of power in his prosecutorial duties while U.S. attorney.  “On Thursday a federal district court ruled that a lawsuit alleging that the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York violated the civil and constitutional rights of former hedge-fund manager David Ganek can proceed to discovery and trial. Hear, hear,” D’Souza wrote.

In 2014, Bharara indicted and successfully prosecuted D’Souza on an alleged campaign finance law violation. D’Souza was convicted of a felony and received five years’ probation plus eight months’ confinement.

Last year, D’Souza produced the film “Hillary’s America” which D’Souza said might have been a factor in Hillary Clinton’s loss to Donald Trump in November.

UK Daily Mail reporter David Martosko retweeted Bharara’s tweet.

In response to Bharara, The Post & Email tweeted of Mitchell, “Apparently she didn’t cover Obama’s fraudulent long-form birth certificate:  http://www.thepostemail.com/2017/04/14/obama-eligibilityforgery-lawsuit-headed-newest-member-supreme-court/” referencing an article detailing a civil lawsuit challenging Barack Hussein Obama’s constitutional eligibility to which a criminal element was recently added.

On April 27, 2011, an image was posted at whitehouse.gov on April 27, 2011 said to be a scan of a certified copy of Obama’s original birth record from Hawaii.  A subsequent five-year criminal investigation not only found the birth certificate image to be fraudulent, but also his purported Selective Service registration form.

In his position, Bharara presumably could have launched an investigation into the image once the Maricopa County, AZ Cold Case Posse, under the auspices of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office (MCS), declared it a “computer-generated forgery” at a press conference on March 1, 2012.  Like many other law enforcement officials, he did not.

Two other pressers followed on July 17, 2012 and December 15, 2016 which law enforcers, the media, Congress and the Obama regime ignored despite investigator Mike Zullo’s revelations that two well-respected forensic document analysts reached similar conclusions to his own regarding the birth certificate.

On Thursday, an application for a Writ of Mandamus in the lawsuit was directed by plaintiff Cody Robert Judy to the newest member of the U.S. Supreme Court, Neil Gorsuch.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.