WHERE HAVE ALL THE SIGNATURES GONE?
by Sharon Rondeau
In December 2010, Lakin was court-martialed, sentenced to six months in Fort Leavenworth prison forfeiture of all benefits and pay after he asked to see Barack Hussein Obama’s original birth certificate to assure himself of Obama’s eligibility to serve as president and commander-in-chief.
Lakin also received a dishonorable discharge from the Army, where he had served as a flight surgeon and medical doctor for 17 years.
The White House produced nothing in response to Lakin’s request until he was close to finishing his sentence, at which time an image purportedly representing Obama’s “long-form” birth certificate from Hawaii was posted at whitehouse.gov.
Almost immediately, the image was found to be fraudulent by several experts and confirmed so by an ensuing five-year criminal investigation carried out by a team of Maricopa County, AZ investigators.
In an interview last Friday, Terry Lakin Action Fund Trustee Marco Ciavolino told The Post & Email that he and Wilmott did not coordinate the launching of the petition, although in mid-December, Ciavolino had quietly contacted a member of Donald Trump’s legal team to put forth a formal request for a presidential pardon once Trump took office.
Within a month after Lakin’s imprisonment, Trump himself began publicly questioning Obama’s eligibility based on the dearth of documentation he had produced during his presidential campaign and afterward. At the time, the only “document” released — from an unidentified party to several websites but not at whitehouse.gov — said to be Obama’s “birth certificate” was a “short-form” image lacking a registrars stamp and raised seal as well as the name and signature of the delivery doctor, among other details.
Trump continued to pressure the White House over the next several months, culminating in the release of the “long-form” image on April 27, 2011.
In his book, “Officer’s Oath,” published after Lakin’s release, Lakin related the moment at which he was told, while still in prison, that the White House had released an image purported to be that which he had requested before going to court-martial.
After learning of the petition, Ciavolino circulated the link to thousands of contacts acquired through the Terry Lakin Action Fund website several years ago. When the signature counter failed to register the signatures of the many people who said they signed, Ciavolino, who has online technical expertise, ran a test on the White House petition page for the status of its security protocols. To his surprise, he found that the security, or “SSL,” certificates had been “revoked,” something he said is highly unusual but would have affected all petitions launched at whitehouse.gov.
A number of news outlets have reported that the authors of different petitions have noted very few signatures appearing on their petitions compared to the number of individuals claiming to have signed them.
Strongly suspecting human intervention, Ciavolino contacted his congressman’s office to relate what he had discovered. To his surprise, he was told by a staffer that all congressional liaison phone lines to various government agencies were found to be non-functional at some point after the change in administrations on January 20. Ciavolino characterized the new development as another extraordinary occurrence and promised to keep us updated should he receive additional information from his congressman’s office on either matter.
When The Post & Email asked Ciavolino if he believed that petition signatures have been properly logged by the third-party responsible for verifying them, he speculated that “they are there somewhere, but it’s anyone’s guess as to when they will actually appear.”
In an interview last Thursday with Fox News’s Sean Hannity and President Trump, Hannity mentioned the case of Christian Saucier, a young sailor who photographed a section of the submarine to which he was assigned with the knowledge that it was considered classified information and was sentenced to a year in federal prison.
In his defense, Saucier’s mother, who has strongly advocated for a presidential pardon for her son, reasoned that if former Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton could send classified government documents over an unsecured system established in her home and not face prosecution, her son’s prison sentence is overly harsh.
Trump responded to Hannity that he was aware of Saucier’s case and was currently reviewing it along with “several” other pardon requests.
Prior to leaving office on January 20, Obama pardoned hundreds of individuals convicted of drug trafficking and at least one who has been convicted for “Possession of false identification documents with intent to defraud the United States.”
On Sunday, The Post & Email reported in an exclusive that Mike Zullo, lead investigator of the Maricopa County team which investigated Obama’s long-form birth certificate and declared it a “computer-generated forgery” in 2012, placed his name on the Lakin petition.
Zullo said his reasoning is that Lakin exhibited “unwavering commitment to the Constitution of the United States” as well as the “courage to remain steadfast in his commitment to defended and to uphold the oath that he swore.”
Zullo further told us:
I also believe that the questions to the origins of Mr. Obama’s birth certificate, his questionable birth narrative and perhaps his eligibility to hold office have not been satisfied. The very fact remains that when Col. Lakin was going through his court-martial, questions of the veracity of Obama’s birth documents still were not answered. In fact, no verified, authentic, hard-copy Long-Form Birth Certificate had been produced. Subsequently, by the prodding of now-President Donald Trump, Obama was forced to produce a long-form document in 2011 which has been found to be a fraudulently-created document, by forensic examination. Nothing more than an illusion.
Since concluding that the long-form image is a forgery, Zullo has stated that its publication was effected “with the intent to deceive.”