If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!
by Sharon Rondeau
(Oct. 11, 2012) — During a hearing convened earlier today by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) stated that a State Department press conference via telephone had been hastily scheduled on Tuesday evening.
Fox News was not notified of the conference call. The George Soros-funded Media Matters, with whom the U.S. Justice Department has been proven to have been collaborating to effect damage control on several issues, possibly triggering a congressional investigation, stated that a commentator on Fox News had misrepresented the information released during the conference call.
Rep. Trey Gowdy of the Oversight Committee has said that an investigation over “collusion” between the DOJ and Media Matters’ use of taxpayer money is “planned.”
Media Matters appears to be attacking Fox News coverage of recent events, including statements made by Donald Trump, who tweeted that Obama is a “foreign candidate getting foreign donations.”
Fox was able to obtain a copy of a transcript from the conference call stating that there were “no spontaneous protests” in Benghazi. Bret Baier stated that Fox first reported that “within 24 hours” there were indications that the U.S. embassy in Benghazi had been the object of a terrorist attack on September 11, 2012 in which Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were murdered The attack has now been confirmed to have been coordinated, pre-planned, and sophisticated, carried out by “heavily armed men.”
In the early days following the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi, Libya, the State Department, United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice, and Obama himself insisted that the violence which had erupted in both Cairo, Egypt and Benghazi had resulted from a low-budget, anti-Islamic video created by a convicted felon in California. Rice went on five Sunday morning television shows on September 16, referred to during testimony today, to insist that the “best intelligence” they had at that time was that the attacks were “spontaneous.”
The Washington Times said that on Tuesday evening, the State Department gave a “greatly revised” version of the September 11, 2012 incident in Benghazi. An editorialist at The Washington Examiner stated that the conference call’s purpose was “to admit there was never any anti-American protest staged outside the Benghazi mission — just an organized attack by well-armed militants,” which was reportedly what occurred. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had initially insisted that the violence erupted because of an anti-Islamic video which she described as “despicable.”
On October 3, Clinton admitted that the Benghazi attack was terrorist in nature.
The committee hearing lasted more than three hours and was covered in real time by The Post & Email until 3:00 p.m.
The Undersecretary of State, Patrick Kennedy, during his testimony supported Rice’s conclusions at the time, saying that anyone in the State Department would have said “the same thing.” Kennedy and three other witnesses testified for five minutes each, then were called upon to answer specific questions from members of the committee. Former SST (site security team) member Lt. Col. Andrew Wood said that while he worked in Libya, he and others were “never able” to acquire enough security for the embassies.
Deputy Assistant Secretary of State vividly described the events of that evening in Benghazi as a “full-scale assault,” stating that the Diplomatic Security Command Center in Washington after the attack commenced. Lamb reported that diesel fuel was used by the perpetrators to set the embassy ablaze. She said that security people arrived after a single security guard attempted to bring Stevens and one of the others who was killed to safety through a window as the embassy was enveloped in thick smoke.
Obama admitted following the committee hearing that “faulty information” was released by his regime to the public about the Benghazi attack “in the interest of keeping the public abreast of what they knew at the time.”
But did they “know,” or was it Obama regime propaganda? Two young men hired as guards by the British company Blue Mountain employed by the U.S. to provide security said that the embassy was located in a dangerous part of the city. They fled after a grenade was thrown at them and found refuge on the roof of the embassy. The men were part of the Feb. 17 Martyrs Brigade.
When Republican members of the Oversight Committee traveled to Libya last weekend, Democrats stayed in Washington, claiming today that they were not informed of the trip. Issa states on the committee’s website that Republicans, who have the majority in the House, “will work with our colleagues in the minority to exercise effective oversight over the federal government and will work proactively to investigate and expose waste, fraud, and abuse.”