UPDATES AND A CHALLENGE
from the Terry Lakin Action Fund
(Aug. 22, 2011) — Again, this week, the general media used the idiotic phrase that goes something like this: “In spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary birthers still don’t believe Obama is the president…” But notice they never outline what the overwhelming evidence is?
So let’s be clear about this. The only evidence that even hints at anything remotely legal are two documents: A certificate and supposed birth certificate.
Let’s really, honestly, look at this. What do you have?
- The two documents are self contradictory. For more than two years we were told bluntly that the certificate was all we were going to get.
- Then, magically, the birth certificate appeared. It was presented so blithely and in such a cavalier fashion to be great offensive to many (and to Terry’s prison-mates at that time).
- Not one media outlet challenged the blatant contradiction. Were they lying then, or now?
- Notwithstanding the utter dissection of destruction of the supposed birth certificate, it doesn’t even pass the Sesame Street Test. What is that test? “One of these things is not like the other.” We all know the song. My very first response was, “Wait, this looks nothing like any other legitimate birth certificates we’ve seen from Hawaii.”
- That’s it: Two self-contradictory, highly disputed documents, neither of which would, in their current form, be valid in a court, to get a driver’s license, passport, or other documents.
Not much to bank the presidency on, is it?
And facing this paltry defense? Thousands of hours of hard work on the part of numerous lawyers, investigators, and regular citizens who simply want the truth. In deference to the fictional Col. Nathan R. Jessep (Jack Nicholson), they can handle the truth.
And what is the truth? The facts are that at the very least something is horribly amiss. At the worst, we are facing a rapid dissolution of Constitutional authority. The congress drummed Anthony Weiner out in a week for being stupid (see this article). He didn’t break a single law. The same can be repeated for many others in the past. Yet event after event after event after event on the part of Obama is simply ignored by the major media or worse, each offense is used as an opportunity to deride those who are simply asking for the most simple forms of evidence.
Every citizen must ask these questions:
- What could possible be so hard about providing the documentation that every citizen in every organized country possesses and must provide?
- What is keeping every congressman, senator, thousands of appointees, tens of thousands of sworn officers, hundreds of thousand of officers of the court and law enforcement officials, from taking action? Is there not one brave and principled representative willing to at least investigate the issues?
- What are the ramifications? As JP states in his new site, “…if Obama’s unlawful Presidency is left unchallenged by any court of law, then the precedent will have been established that the Constitution is meaningless because it is unenforceable with regards to the qualifications for the Office of President.” This has serious consequences for the future our country.
What you can do today…
- Volunteer to help the Birther Summit: Please visit the site and learn about what Dean Haskins and numerous other key eligibility researchers are doing. Then follow the link below to register as a volunteer. Your state representative will be touch with you to discuss your involvement. Even a few hours can make a difference. Go to http://www.birthersummit.org/volunteer
- Get Informed. Frankly, our Face book site and email account gets the same objections over and over and over again. Please, those of you don’t agree, at least look at the evidence. Those of you do agree, make sure you have all the facts. Visit our resources pages for key links to many of the core sites on this issue: http://www.terrylakinactionfund.com/resources.html
- Read the FAQ’s on the Terry Lakin Action Fund Site.
- Listen to the re-broadcast of the show with David Moxley and CDR Charles Kerchner (Ret).They ask and discuss the issue of inaction on the part of our representatives.Either listen online at: http://www.terrylakinactionfund.com/tlafradio/122-tlafradio20110808.htmlOr on the station at 3p ET Monday at: http://www.americaswebradio.com/ Click on the “LISTEN NOW” link.
- Continue to contact your representatives and ask them why they won’t act on the evidence.
- Continue to encourage your local media outlets to intelligently cover the eligibility issue.
- Consider a contribution to the Trust. Terry gets criticized daily and his critics are wrong. You need to understand that for two years Terry tried and tried through every means available to him to get answers. He worked with his superiors, he went to his congressman and congressional committee, and more. No one would take action so he did. No matter how you feel about Terry’s actions it doesn’t change the issue: We have a likely constitutional breach of the highest level. Please read the letter below and watch Terry’s new videos.
From the Terry Lakin Action Fund Trustees:
Please consider additional support for LTC Lakin…
We have not resorted to frantic direct mail or annoying phone calls. We’ve simply alerted you to the need. The personal financial sacrifice of Terry and his family has been huge both in terms of lost wages and depletion of savings.
Please remember, Terry did something no one else was willing to do. We need to show Terry our appreciation for taking the kind of action that none of our elected officials has been willing to take.
A few weeks ago we had lunch with Terry. Terry and I were discussing the progress of his case and his future. After hearing the TLAF Radio show with David Moxley and CDR Charles Kerchner (Ret), I had to remind myself of just what Terry did. You see, after working with him for more than 20 months, traveling, calling, interviewing, and writing about him, it was and is easy to become relaxed with him as a friend. It is easy to overlook the gravity and value and significance of his decision.
This is made eminently clear to me when I’ve put some of you on the phone with him. We have had, over the year, a number of citizens who have taken in upon themselves to communicate Terry’s case and the reason for Terry’s decision to all kinds of groups. Occasionally I’ve conferenced them in with Terry. Hearing their admiration and excitement when they hear Terry’s voice is at once astounding and humbling.
I have direct access to Terry as a friend. We talk frequently, many times a week. But I need to be reminded of what he has accomplished and the value of his decision. He was the first of what has become a chorus of challenges. From every part of the country and world individuals, and now law enforcement officials, concerned about our country and Constitutional integrity, have stepped up to challenge what in every way appears to be a breach of our constitution.
Jim Bridge, of Hear Us Now USA, has created five videos of Terry’s Story. Please watch all five videos and you’ll see the real Terry Lakin: Humble, honest, and principled. Jack Cashill, who has spent numerous hours interviewing Terry has said that Terry is one of the most rational, sane persons he has ever met.
Again, we are asking you consider making perhaps a final contribution. Terry will begin work in September with his first paychecks arriving in October. Your generous contributions have helped. However, as we stated above, the debt we owe Terry for his actions is much greater.
The Trust will see Terry through his transition and publication of the book in Oct/Nov. The Action Fund has kept Terry’s message alive and encouraged many others to keep pursuing the issue of eligibility.
We are asking you each to consider a significant contribution to the Trust. We would like to raise an additional $150,000 to do the following:
- Give the Lakins a big send-off contribution.
- Complete production on Terry’s book.
- Finish the administrative responsibilities of the Trust.
To watch the videos start here:
To Contribute to the Trust start here:
Or you can make your check or money order payable to “Terry Lakin Action Fund”
and mail it to:
Terry Lakin Action Fund
PO Box 1116
Bel Air, MD 21014
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING TERRY AND HIS FAMILY
Again, thank you all for your support. The Lakin family has been greatly encouraged by the broad interest in Terry’s case. Please continue to support Terry and the issue for which he has sacrificed so much.
Thank you for your consideration of our request…
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.