If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!
“BOOST YOUR SALES AND GROW YOUR BUSINESS”
(Sep. 24, 2019) — Developing a powerful marketing strategy is a must if you want to succeed in your business. The good thing is that you don’t need a lot of money to get started. Check out these steps on how to develop a marketing strategy for modern entrepreneurs.
1. Know Your Goals
Your marketing strategies will depend mainly on your goals. It can be difficult to get started when you don’t have a clear vision of the results you want. It’s important to sit down with your marketing team and decide your goals for the month, quarter or year. Do you want to focus your marketing initiatives promoting your new product? Do you aim to increase your email subscribers? Are you looking to enter a new market? By defining your goals, you will have a clear sense of direction when you embark on your marketing strategy.
2. Combine Online and Offline Marketing Initiatives
Needless to say, you need to take your marketing online regardless if you are a storefront business. Nearly everyone uses the internet these days. People are constantly on their phones, checking their social media feed or browsing Google for different content. Online marketing has so many benefits to your business. What’s more, it’s much cheaper than traditional advertising.
Make sure to incorporate the following approaches to your marketing strategy:
- Social media. Promoting your business via social media is easy and inexpensive. You can even get started without shelling out money. But to reach more audiences and get more leads, you should consider buying ads from these platforms, which are relatively inexpensive. Covering costs with personal loans is a good option if you don’t have enough budget for your marketing.
- Email marketing. Perhaps one of the cheapest marketing approaches there are. Email marketing is not only inexpensive. It is also very effective. It can be used for many purposes, from finding new customers to building relationships with your existing clients, and raising brand awareness.
- Word-of-mouth advertising. Yes, this approach is timeless and perhaps the most powerful. Gaining a customer’s trust is never easy. If you have very satisfied customers, take advantage of their network and build a referral. To succeed in this, however, you’ve got to commit to providing top-notch services.
3. Leverage SEO
Most people Google their way to finding products or services. So make sure it’s easier for people to find your website. How? Check out these tips:
- Add interactive content to your website. In addition to written content, consider adding videos, infographics, and high-quality images.
- Link your site to various social media platforms. Make it easy for people to share your content by adding social share buttons.
- Create a great FAQ page.
- Make your website mobile-friendly.
4. Create Timelines and Prepare Your Team
Once you have a solid plan in place, it’s time to start implementing your marketing strategy. First of all, you need the right team. Make sure that everyone in your team knows their tasks and what is expected from them. Use tools that can help you manage your campaigns and communicate with your staff.
5. Be Creative and Focus on Creating Positive Customer Experiences
Emotions affect buying decisions too, not just logic. Connect to your audience by appealing to their emotions. Besides showcasing your products, show them how you do things in your company, like how you prepare food in your kitchen, make artisan plates by hand, or keep track of the latest industry trends. Create amazing content that makes people feel good. You will be surprised with your marketing results.
Creating a solid marketing strategy takes time and effort. But it’s the best way to boost your sales and grow your business.