TELLS MUELLER TO “REFOCUS ON HIS ORIGINAL MANDATE”
by Sharon Rondeau
Dotcom’s legal team has attempted unsuccessfully on two occasions to secure the opportunity to testify, in writing or in person, to Special Counsel Robert Mueller about the information Dotcom says he has concerning the “leak” of thousands of emails from the servers of the Democratic National Committee in 2016.
The “U.S. intelligence community” is said to have determined that Russian “hackers” are responsible for the obtaining of the emails, whereas Dotcom has said it was not a “hack,” but a “leak.”
The FBI did not examine the DNC servers, according to former director James B. Comey.
Rich was killed in cold blood in the early morning of July 10, 2016 by two gunshots. Contrary to media reports, Matt Couch of America First Media Group, which has been investigating Rich’s death, claims that Rich was shot in the abdomen, not the back. Members of his organization spent the week of March 26 in Washington, DC to further their investigation.
Twelve days after Rich was killed, the DNC emails began to be released in successive batches by the open-government organization WikiLeaks. The thousands of missives demonstrated that the DNC had worked to assure Hillary Clinton the nomination over Sen. Bernie Sanders and that there was coordination with members of the media to present the Clinton campaign in a favorable light.
Clinton has at least partially attributed her loss of the presidential election to Donald Trump to the DNC emails published by WikiLeaks.
Dotcom has said that the then-DNC Data Director, 27-year-old Seth Rich, was involved, along with Dotcom himself, in transferring the emails from the DNC server to WikiLeaks.
As if in lockstep, the mainstream media has pushed back against that avenue of investigation while also attempting to discredit Dotcom personally. Last May, Sean Hannity was silenced with a campaign targeting his advertisers after he interviewed former Washington, DC Metro Police Department detective Rod Wheeler, who initially reported that a federal law enforcement agent had found evidence that Rich was the provider of the DNC emails to WikiLeaks.
Seth Rich’s parents, Joel and Mary Rich, sued Fox News last month over the article, which was removed from the web after one week on May 16, 2017. Seth’s brother, Aaron, filed a lawsuit against several parties, including Couch, on March 14, 2018 alleging that they had disseminated false information about him in connection with the DNC emails and his deceased brother.
Dotcom’s story has remained unchanged over the last 11 months, as he has often tweeted and posted on his website last year that he “knows” that Rich played a role in the transfer of the emails.
Dotcom is wanted by the U.S. Justice Department for extradition in connection with a website he operated between 2007 and 2012, Megaupload, which the FBI shut down amid a police raid on Dotcom’s New Zealand home in January 2012. Dotcom claims that Hollywood actors falsely claimed that their copyrights were infringed when Megaupload users uploaded their films. Dotcom has said that he never encouraged the uploading of copyrighted material and that a copyright owner could easily remove the work in question without any technical expertise.
Further, Dotcom said that “copyright infringement” is not a crime in his country and has won several legal battles in various actions against the police for the 2012 raid and what the New Zealand government has admitted was illegal surveillance of Dotcom’s communications.
Mueller was tasked last May by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein with supervising a two-pronged “Russia” investigation concerning whether or not Trump or his campaign aides “colluded” with the Kremlin to affect the election outcome and the extent to which Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 U.S. election.