If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!
EXCEPTION: U.S. MILITARY SPOKESMEN
by Sharon Rondeau
(Jul. 17, 2014) — Over the last two months, The Post & Email has observed that government at all levels, with the exception of the military, has failed to respond to legitimate media requests.
Several weeks ago, The Post & Email notified the spokesman for the U.S. Secret Service of a crime involving a large amount of money and asked to be directed to the proper authority. We received no response from spokesman Brian Leary, who in the past had been very responsive to our reports of threats against former presidential candidate Mitt Romney and Obama during the 2012 election cycle. Leary had also been willing to answer general questions about the agency.
On Monday, The Post & Email sent Leary the following brief request:
Hello, Mr. Leary, as media spokesman for the Secret Service, are you able to confirm or deny the involvement of the agency as stated in the following report?
Thank you very much. If I need to file a FOIA request for documents, please advise.
Sharon Rondeau, Editor
The Post & Email
but received no response.
In March of last year, The Post & Email submitted a FOIA request to the U.S. Secret Service asking for documents detailing the type of firearms agents normally carry when on duty protecting the chief executive in response to Obama’s claim, made at a private dinner, that they carry “machine guns.” While we received a letter acknowledging our request, we never received the requested documentation nor a claim that no documents existed which were responsive to our request.
Last week and again this week, The Post & Email left messages for the new Tennessee Tenth Judicial District chief prosecutor, Steve Crump, regarding faulty indictments in two cases but received no response.
A call made on Tuesday to the Knoxville, TN FBI media office which asked general questions about its recent change in leadership and the public’s participation in reporting crime went unanswered.
Also on Tuesday, The Post & Email called Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy’s office and asked to speak with a media representative regarding whether or not Malloy is accepting illegal aliens who have come across the southern border in recent weeks. We were directed to send an email to David Bednarz at email@example.com, which we did:
Good morning, I received your email address from staff in Gov. Malloy’s office.
I run an electronic newspaper, The Post & Email, which focuses on corruption in government.
For full disclosure, I live in Connecticut and am a constituent of Gov. Malloy’s.
Does Gov. Malloy intend to accept illegal alien children who have crossed over the southwest border in recent weeks? If so, where will they be taken and for how long? Will they attend Connecticut public schools?
Also, is it true that many illegal aliens, particularly from El Salvador, are routinely taken to Hartford and sponsored by Catholic Charities or other organizations, whether or not they have criminal records in their home country? I recently interviewed a former Border Patrol officer who told me that Hartford, CT, as a sanctuary city, has accepted many such individuals, whose expenses, he said, are paid for ultimately by the U.S. taxpayer.
Thank you very much.
Sharon Rondeau, Editor
The Post & Email
P.O. Box 195
Stafford Springs, CT 06076
Malloy is running for re-election in November.
On Wednesday, however, MyFoxNY reported that “Connecticut officials have rejected a federal request to temporarily house up to 2,000 immigrant children from Central America at a mostly-vacant facility built for developmentally disabled adults.”
On Monday morning, The Post & Email sent a FOIA request to David Sobonya of the FBI, who has normally acknowledged such requests within 24 hours with a general statement about the FOIA process. This time, we received nothing.
In contrast, military spokesmen contacted by The Post & Email over the last two weeks have responded very quickly, often within minutes of receiving our requests for information about the observance of the Muslim month-long holiday of Ramadan by U.S. Army personnel in Bahrain and other Middle Eastern countries and the housing of illegal aliens at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX.
Recently, 38 professional journalism groups wrote a letter criticizing the Obama regime for its lack of “transparency,” which Obama had promised would “be the touchstone of this presidency.” On January 21, 2009, Obama specifically said that FOIA requests would be responded to better than in the past for “holding government accountable.” “I will also hold myself as president to a new standard of openness,” Obama said. “Information will not be withheld just because I say so,” he pledged.
Earlier this year, Cause of Action disclosed that the executive branch had insisted on reviewing all FOIA requests which were deemed to involve “White House equities.”
In response to the journalism groups’ complaint, White House spokesman Josh Earnest insisted that “Obama is “absolutely” the most transparent president in history.”
Obama’s long-form birth certificate and Selective Service registration form are declared forgeries. Through a FOIA request made in May 2010, The Post & Email received a copy of Obama’s purported Selective Service form prior to the Maricopa County, AZ Cold Case Posse’s investigation and determination that it had been created on a computer. The birth certificate image remains posted on the White House website. Lead investigator Mike Zullo has told the public that the image was created “with the intent to deceive.”
Congressional staffers have refused to respond to emails and phone calls on the forgeries, although the fabrication or alteration of a government document is a federal felony. Members of Congress have shown an aversion and lack of curiosity as to why the only documents Obama has provided to the public are “computer-generated forgeries.”
Whether or not Obama meets the constitutional qualifications to serve as president has never been answered. Numerous open records requests which The Post & Email sent in 2009 and 2010 to the Hawaii Department of Health, which reportedly holds Obama’s original birth certificate, received no response.
Obama’s putative attorney general, Eric Holder, has chosen not to enforce laws with which he does not agree, and Obama has changed “law” by issuing executive “actions” and “orders” over which the House of Representatives plans to sue him.
The Post & Email has found that media contacts for all congressmen generally do not respond to questions of any kind.
“When all government, domestic and foreign, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another, and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated.” — Thomas Jefferson