Was U.S. Attorney General secretly in town to counsel Land?

PRESENCE CITED AS MATERIAL FACT TO EX-PARTE DISCUSSIONS TO SWAY LAND

by John Charlton

(Oct. 3, 2009) — It boggles the mind, that for an obscure case in the Middle District of Georgia, Federal Court, involving a lead counsel who has been derided from one end of the nation to the other as a nut, crazy woman, “birther” and “Queen-bee of the birther movement”, the U.S. Attorney General himself, Eric Holder, should be seen walking into a local eatery, without a personal security detail, just to be in town for the hearing.

This allegation is made in the affidavit of Mr. Robert D. Douglas, dated Sept. 26, sworn before Mr. Lamar Rozier, notary public in the state of Georgia, Bacon County, submitted in support of Attorney Orly Taitz’s latest Motion of Recusal against Judge Clay D. Land.

His affidavit reads as follows:

BEFORE ME, the undersigned Notary, Lamar Rozier
on this 26th day of September, 2009, personally appeared Robert D. Douglas, known to me to be a credible person and of lawful age, who being by me first duly shown on his oath deposes and says:

On the day of he hearing for Major Stephan Cook before Federal Judge Clay D. Land, Columbus, Ga., my wife, my wife’s sister, her husband and I had entered the little coffee shop directly across from the Court House while waiting for the doors to open to the public.  I was sitting in the small seating area, set aside for their customers, while facing and looking directly at the entrance to the shop.  All persons entering had to pass withing 8-10 feet from where I was sitting.

I looked up and immediately recognized an individual entering and approaching the serving counter, due to his well known TV displayed distinguishing features: his trim upper lip mustache, not large of stature and general olive complexion.  I knew instantly it was non other than Eric Holder, the current Attorney General of the United States.  I called this to the attention of those present and all agreed it appeared to be who I readily recognized.  He entered unguarded, no accompanying entourage and probably thought he would not be recognized.

Red flags went up immediately in my mind and the questions remain, as yet.  Why does the Attorney General of the United States need to be present in an obscure hearing well of his beaten path? Could it possible be, since Holder did not present himself in open court, he may have had a little “whisper in the ear” to a Federal Judge in order to bias his judicial vision and adhere to the President’s agenda of obstruction?

Only Judge Clay D. Land can answer those question.

Robert D. Douglas

[address redacted]

Holder’s presence is not that unbelievable, because quite contrary to the logic of their position Obama supporters have consistently shown irrational passion to defend Obama from what they claim are ridiculous charges.

Update 10/04/2009 — 6:30 PM EDST:

Indeed, the lengths Obama’s supporters will go to deny the facts, can be seen from one comment at The Right Side of Life, where it is claimed that this affidavit, transcribed above, has not been submitted as evidence on Judge Land’s Docket. Also in the comment section of TRSOL article, there is a link to Holder’s schedule for the day, which leaves a seemingly 18 hour window between 9PM July 15th, and 3 PM, July 16th, Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

0 Responses to "Was U.S. Attorney General secretly in town to counsel Land?"

1. Pingback: The Right Side of Life » Eligibility Update: “jbjd” Threatens TRSOL and My Response; Where do “Birthers” Come From?

2. reps   Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Wouldn’t an FOIA request of Holder’s travel schedule reveal where was that day?

3. politicaldoc   Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Mr. Charlton, I agree 100% with you. I have a blog with less than 150 views per day. Within minutes of my posting with link to your blog I got a comment saying Holder was in California that hearing date. I immediately realized you had hit a nerve in the Obama world with your posting. I asked for a link to prove the California sighting of Holder on 7-16 and a different commenter sent me the photo link.
    I in no way thought the photo proved anything except the Obama faithful want to “kill” your story. I sent you the photo link just to let you know what a very small blogger was experiencing: 3 comments to your story within hours of my post about your Holder revelation.
    I much enjoy your blog. I think almost everyone is under-estimating the lengths Obama et al will go to to protect their power.

4. NewEnglandPatriot   Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I think every single judge who had an eligibility case presented to him or her either received a “visit” from someone in this corrupt administration or a forceful phone call.

Judge Land’s outrageous opinion, based not on legal precedent or any rational argument, is evidence that he wanted to embarrass, belittle, and subjugate Orly to his intense desire to divest himself of the case. He acted like a crazed man, not a federal judge. I wouldn’t doubt it at all if Holder had been there to pay him a visit.

If we had real public servants and not cowards sitting on the bench, Judge Land would have reported any intimidation to a prosecutor or held a press conference. If he really wanted justice done, he would have refused to cooperate with Holder or anyone else pressuring him. Instead, we have all these wimps, these political hacks sitting on the benches pretending to be judges, acting like kings in their little fiefdoms, and depriving the American people of real justice.

This reeks of corruption, and Judge Land himself should be questioned. If he is evasive or is proven to lie, then he should be charged with judicial misconduct.

5. scott1   Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 6:49 AM

Great article John, looks like the fix is in.
    I would like some one from the DOJ to explain why Gov money and lawyers are being used to represent Obama in a campaign issue.

6. politicaldoc   Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Mr. Charlton replies:

Political Doc,

Anyone can upload an image to any image distribution site and claim anything about it; it proves nothing. Look at all the forged documents and images that have already been presented in regard to Obama’s birth story claims.

7. Steve C   Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Do not all of these courthouses have cameras recording the entrances and exits, including those reserved for the judges?

Hmmmm? I wonder if there are any blank segments in them in the recordings for that date?

8. Rasta Bossman   Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I didn’t realize there was any question about this. I couldn’t get into the courtroom that day, but I saw Holder before the hearing. I just assumed he was there to supervise the defense of Obama. I didn’t know he wasn’t in the courtroom. He must have been in the Judge’s chambers watching the whole thing. (federal judges have closed circuit cameras of the courtrooms so their clerks can watch the proceedings).
    ————
    Mr. Charlton replies:Rasta, if you also saw Holder that morning, you need to prepare a sworn affidavit, and send it to Dr. Orly Taitz, in the interest of justice.

As for anyone else who claims to have seen Holder that morning, I will not publish your comment; because there is no way I can tell who you are or if you are telling the truth; once you file an affidavit with Dr. Taitz, I will ask her to send me a copy; which I will publish in a subsequent post.

9. Observer   Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 3:23 PM

The very fact that this judge would so obviously make use of the term “birther” which is widely recognized as a label coined by the far left progressives – and group Attorney Taitz along with the client who has a right to an impartial hearing in some kind of conspiracy – demonstrates to any reasonable bystander that he was clearly prejudiced beforehand.

10. Leon Brozyna   Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Whoops – forgot to give you a link to this story –

It’s about Holder’s appearance on the west coast.
    ————-
    Mr. Charlton replies: O.K. this is a start; now the article does not mention time of day, but it does give the journalists’ email. So someone drop him a line and see if he will sign an affidavit as to when and where he saw holder; and as to whether he is confident he could recognize the real man; and how close he got to him. You know, many journalists never even go to the event; they just write up the story based on the reports of others.

11. Leon Brozyna   Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Eric Holder was on the West Coast for an appearance at noon (3 pm EDT) 16 July. The affidavit makes it clear that the Holder sighting occurred prior to the courthouse opening its doors (8 am EDT?). A few whispers in Judge Land’s ears suggesting that the case was moot, then rush to a govt/military aircraft to fly back to the coast. So, what’s the flying time to the coast – approx 5 hours or so. If he left Columbus at 9 am EDT, he’d be in California around 11 am PDT (2 pm EDT). Plenty of time to make his appearance at noon PDT.

Very doable.

Leon Brozyna
    CW2, USA (Ret)

12. John Charlton   Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 8:29 AM

I’d appreciate any link to any photo of Eric Holder on July 16th, 2009. Reports from the prior days saying where he was going to be, and reports afterwards saying where he was, without photos,* can be balanced as the readers thinks best with this affidavit.

I remind readers that Columbus, GA is in the Eastern time-zone: and this letter appears to speak of an incident prior to 10 AM Eastern daylight time on that day. There is a military airport 15 minutes from the Columbus Federal Court house.

Do the math, do the research…discover…

————
    * Links to either kinds of reports are irrelevant to the issue here. We are looking for verifiable evidence; human testimony. The above affidavit is of 4 witnesses who were within 8-20 ft of the man.

13. kjTX   Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Can someone check his “public” travel plans for Monday, Oct 5th?? Will he be anywhere near California for that hearing? This truly sickens me. There was a blatant CONFLICT OF INTEREST in Land’s ruling, especially if Holder and Land talked to each other before the hearing in GA! Unbelievable. It’s like the fox is in charge of the hen house.

14. Pingback: Judge Land “counseled” by AG Eric Holder in Georgia? « Politicaldoc’s Dx

15. LouisianaCajun   Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 5:53 AM

If this is true, which I have no reason to doubt, it sickens my stomach the length they go to to keep any ounce of new discovery about BHO from getting out! How incredulous! Thankyou for posting this. I hope that judge gets removed from this case.