(Sep. 16, 2023) — [The Post & Email received the following by email on Saturday morning. Personal information has been redacted. – Ed.]
American Correctional Association
206 North Washington Street, Ste. 200
Alexandria, Virginia, 22314 September 16, 2023
Dear Director Green.
It has come to my attention that there are problems at the District of Columbia Central Detention/Treatment Facility, colloquially known as “The D.C. Jail”. I understand that it is your organization that accredits the facility.
The Gateway Pundit recently reported a situation of “Cruel and unusual punishment. Covid lockdown, solitary confinement
Torture and abuse” of the January 6 prisoners. These unconstitutional tactics include:
- Solitary confinement for (23) hours a day.
and as long as for (20) months.
- Covid lockdowns and involuntary covid testing
Without informed consent.
- Detention for an unconstitutional period of time
- No Family visitation.
- Denial of basic needs like haircuts, outside contact with fresh air, regular showers and religious services, inter alia.
- Denial of access to Attorneys or access to measures needed to prepare for trial such as a private area to consult with and discuss their respective cases.
These issues expose the dark spectre of abuse and deprivation of the civil rights of all the January 6 Prisoners of Unit C3A. In addition to violations of the Geneva Conventions.
These complaints illustrate an ongoing and sinister violation of the United States constitution as well as medical ethics.
I believe, based on the foregoing that a re-examination of the facilities accreditation by each of its accreditation oversight organizations is in order.
I trust that you will take this letter very seriously and correct this travesty now!!!
Robert C. Laity
Founder and President
Society for the Preservation of
our American Society