February 10, 2020
There are many reasons to question the integrity of the movement to impeach Trump, including the fact that impeachment was threatened and plotted from the moment he was elected and the fact that the rationale for impeachment has morphed from collusion with Russia to a phone call with Ukraine.
Yet, hardly considered in any analysis is the patriotic fitness of those making these accusations against our president. Many legislators advocating impeachment recently sent congratulatory letters to CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations), a Muslim Brotherhood entity, to commemorate the organization’s 25th anniversary. The list includes CT Congress members (Blumenthal, Courtney, Hayes, Himes and Murphy); presidential candidates (Booker, Klobuchar and Warren) and even Mr. Impeachment, Adam Schiff.
Though CAIR, founded by HAMAS, purports to be a civil rights organization, its main objective is to destroy America’s Constitutional freedoms, replacing them with sharia (Islamic law), which, among other things:
- sanctions blasphemy laws rather than our freedom of speech;
- sentences to death those who leave, criticize or even question Islam;
- allows only Muslims to own weapons;
- includes “cruel and unusual punishments” like amputations, crucifixions and beheadings;
- allows slavery and unequal treatment of men over women, Muslims over non-Muslims.
For U.S. legislators to support a supremacist ideology intent on destroying our precious freedoms is unconscionable and should call into question their judgment of President Trump.