If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!
NUMEROUS GOVERNMENT WEBSITES PRESENT “CLIMATE CHANGE” AS FACT
by David Wojick, Ph.D., ©2019, CFACT
(Mar. 22, 2019) — As our children skip school to chant climate alarmist slogans, you may wonder “Where do they get this stuff?” Of course they get some of it from their teachers, but these teachers get a lot of it via the U.S. Federal Government.
The sad fact is that a number of federal agencies either maintain or fund websites that specifically exist to push alarmist teaching materials. In many cases these alarmist materials are also federally funded. The Trump Administration has done very little to stem this flow of propaganda to our children.
Here is a partial list of Federal or federally funded websites pushing alarmist educational materials for kids:
1. Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network (CLEAN).
Bills itself as “A collection of 700+ free, ready-to-use resources rigorously reviewed by educators and scientists. Suitable for secondary through higher education classrooms.” CLEAN is funded by grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the National Science Foundation and the Department of Energy.
2. US Global Change Research Program “Resources for Educators.”
The USGCRP is funded by 13 federal agencies. It also produces the hyper-alarmist National Climate Assessments.
3. NOAA’s “Teaching Climate.” (A massive website)
NOAA’s Climate.gov website is completely alarmist. In fact they define alarmism as so-called “Climate literacy.”
4. NASA’s “Climate Kids” (Another huge site)
Includes games and videos for young children. Here is part of the green message: “Some of the ways you can help may have to wait until you are a little older—like choosing an energy-efficient car, installing solar panels on the roof of your house, or choosing a green career.”
5. The National Ocean Service’s “Talking to Children about Climate Change.”
Alarmist materials for teachers, beginning in elementary school.
6. “Teaching about Climate Change” from Carlton College, sponsored by NSF
Carleton is another massive alarmist site that includes both teaching teachers how to teach alarmism and classroom materials for doing so.
7. “Climate Change Live” with many federal “partners“.
CCL advertises itself as a “distance learning” site.
8. “Climate Change Activities” from UCAR, sponsored by NSF.
UCAR is a consortium of universities that runs NSF’s multi-billion dollar National Center for Atmospheric Research.
9. “Climate and Global Change” by the National Earth Science Teachers Association, sponsored by NASA and NOAA.
NESTA is solidly alarmist.
10. “Climate Change” from AAAS, sponsored by NSF.
Includes alarmist material for all grades, including kindergarten.
11. “Climate Change and Human Health Lesson Plans” by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH.
Promotes various health scares based on climate change alarmism.
In contrast to these federal propaganda sites, there is at this time no website that focuses on teaching children about skepticism and the real scientific debate over climate change. It is no wonder that they believe false alarmism.