Breaking: Papadopoulos: Received $10,000 in Possible “Sting Operation”

FROM THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

by Sharon Rondeau

(Oct. 31, 2018) — Just before 5:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, former Trump campaign advisor George Papadopoulos directed a tweet to Rep. Mark Meadows and Rep. John Ratcliffe, both Republicans on committees to which Papadopoulos testified last Thursday, stating that he received $10,000 in 2016 in what he said he believes was a “sting operation” carried out by the FBI.

“I am more than happy to deliver the $10,000 in cash I received, as part of what I believe was a sting operation to frame me in summer 2017,to your committee to examine for marked bills. This is in the interest of me being fully transparent,” Papadopoulos tweeted.

In recent weeks, the 31-year-old energy business consultant has conducted a number of media interviews in addition to his closed-door testimony to members of the House Judiciary and Oversight & Government Reform Committees from which Meadows, for one, said he learned new information which prompted him to recommend a number of individuals for further scrutiny by the Justice Department.

On Sunday, Papadopoulos tweeted that “there was a spy in the Trump campaign.”

Although accepting a “guilty” plea last year for lack of candor with the FBI, Papadopoulos told Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade last Friday that he is seriously considering withdrawing it in light of new information made available to him.

Papadopoulos is reported that a Maltese professor, Joseph Mifsud, once believed to be a Russian operative, has been said by his own attorney to actually have been working for the FBI when Mifsud approached Papadopoulos to arrange a meeting in Rome, to which Papadopoulos acceded. There, Papadopoulos said, Mifsud told him that unnamed Russian operatives possessed damaging information on Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Papadopoulos is account of that event and others contradicts previous reportage in The Wall Street Journal, citing Papadopoulos’s plea agreement.  While The Journal reported on August 17, 2018 that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors found Papadopoulos to be unhelpful in their investigation, Papadopoulos told Kilmeade that he was “framed in many ways.”

The Special Counsel’s role of overseeing the dual-pronged “Russia” investigation came about one week after the firing of FBI Director James Comey in May 2017. Hiring a team of 17 prosecutors, nearly all of whom had donated to Democrats and one of whom had represented the Clinton Foundation, Mueller has secured More than a dozen indictments against Russian individuals and entities for allegedly interfering in the 2016 election and “guilty” pleas from Papadopoulos, former Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn, and former Trump campaign aide Richard Gates, who also worked with now-convicted former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort.

On Monday, Papadopoulos tweeted the suggestion that government officials from the UK and Australia “colluded” with the Obama regime, apparently as part of a grand scheme to ensure that Donald Trump was not elected president.  Reportedly, the UK and Australian governments are opposed to the release of the “FISA” documents to which Papadopoulos referred and which Trump declared last month he would immediately declassify.

Three days later, Trump tweeted that he had decided to have the Justice Department inspector general’s office review the documents prior to making them public while affirming that certain “allies” were concerned about their release.

Earlier on Wednesday afternoon, Papadopoulos tweeted that Mifsud was the catalyst which began the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign.  “Now, Mifsud’s Lawyer says he was working for Comey’s FBI to fabricate collusion and sabotage Trump.”

Update, 8:35 PM EDT: earlier on Wednesday evening, Papadopoulos tweeted a follow-up to his comment directed to the two congressmen:

8 Responses to "Breaking: Papadopoulos: Received $10,000 in Possible “Sting Operation”"

  1. Gary Wilmott   Friday, November 2, 2018 at 1:46 PM

    Two things: 1.Obama has never produced a valid birth certificate and 2. Trump “acknowledged” that Obama was born in the U.S. for political expediency only.

    We can only hope that Trump will revisit Obama’s identity fraud as part of his Drain the Swamp agenda in the not too distant future…because HE KNOWS!

  2. James Carter   Friday, November 2, 2018 at 11:07 AM

    The very same Jerome Corsi was a key promoter of the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth (SBVT) allegations against John F. Kerry. He co-authored “Unfit For Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry” with John O’Neill.

    “Swiftboating” was also deemed a smear campaign and denounced as baseless conservative lies. The DNC and Kerry campaign filed complaints with the IRS, FCC and FEC in an attempt to stop Sinclair Broadcasting from showing the SBVT’s ads/documentaries.

    Kerry’s campaign spokesperson eventually acknowledged that Kerry’s first Purple Heart medal had in fact been erroneously awarded to him based on an accidentally self-inflicted surface wound AND that Kerry had in fact not been in Cambodia on a super-secret mission on Christmas Eve — just two of the SBVT’s allegations.

    “Kerry & Associates” eventually filed a civil suit against the SBVT and Sinclair Broadcasting, which was dismissed during the pre-trial evidence declaration hearing because John Kerry refused to grant access to his complete military records.

    I still have, and albeit only occasionally, PROUDLY wear, my “Vietnam Veterans AGAINST John Kerry” cap! :-)

    “The more things change, the more they remain the same.” — Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

    The people on the left can change but their inherent proclivity to deceive, deflect, misinform, omit and prevaricate remains the same.

  3. Tom Polhaus   Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 3:59 PM

    I don’t know. What does Zullo say?

    If Zullo gave The Post & Email the reports to publish maybe the news media would see them here and do stories on them.

    It seems like the perfect time to publish them especially with your site being visited daily by the press and with all the current talk about birthright citizenship.

  4. Ward Bond   Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 2:49 PM

    Maybe ABC is not aware of the reports. Regardless of why, the problem could be solved if ABC was provided the reports.

  5. Sharon Rondeau   Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 1:43 PM

    Has ABC ever asked to see them?

  6. Tom Polhaus   Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 1:16 PM

    In fairness to ABC, the two experts’ reports have never been made public.

  7. Sharon Rondeau   Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 7:14 AM

    Biased coverage? What about the five-year investigation of the LFBC concluding, along with two outside experts, that it is a “computer-generated forgery?” They conveniently left that out.

  8. Tom Polhaus   Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 10:09 PM

    In related news Jerome Corsi was again interviewed by Mueller’s team. This was interesting.

    “But Corsi’s most penetrating smear campaign is the same one that helped forge his bond with Donald Trump. He is widely considered one of the early promoters of the so-called “birther” movement, which pursued the idea that former President Barack Obama was born in Kenya, not in America. The theory was debunked and widely denounced as baseless, racist vitriol. Corsi and Trump have long been blasted for not walking back their claims even after Obama produced his long-form birth certificate. In fact, it was only in the final stretch of his successful 2016 presidential bid that Trump finally acknowledged that Obama was born in the U.S.”

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/conspiracy-theorist-key-figure-mueller-builds-case/story?id=58886291

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.