AND OTHER “DOCUMENTATION”
by Sharon Rondeau, h/t GW
(May 5, 2018) — An article by Victor Davis Hanson dated May 4, 2018 presents hypothetical questions which could be asked by a special counsel of former White House occupant Barack Hussein Obama during the course of an investigation of his administration’s reported misconduct and likely illegal activity similar to that which has dogged President Donald Trump since before he took office.
On Monday, a list of “at least four dozen” questions was published by The New York Times allegedly reflective of Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III’s desire to question Trump in regard to the “Russia collusion” investigation of the 2016 Trump campaign, the scope of which was openly questioned Friday by a federal judge in Virginia.
Following the firing of FBI Director James Comey last May 9, Mueller was brought in by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to oversee not only the “collusion” allegations, but also the extent to which the Kremlin “meddled” in the U.S. 2016 electoral process.
According to The Times’s Michael S. Schmidt, “The questions provide the most detailed look yet inside Mr. Mueller’s investigation, which has been shrouded in secrecy since he was appointed nearly a year ago. The majority relate to possible obstruction of justice, demonstrating how an investigation into Russia’s election meddling grew to include an examination of the president’s conduct in office…”
Schmidt does not question whether or not the scope of Mueller’s probe has exceeded the authority granted by Rosenstein in either of two memos issued, respectively, in May 2017 when Mueller was hired or on August 2, 2017, when Rosenstein broadened Mueller’s focus to include the business activities of former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort prior to his association with the campaign.
In the early-morning hours of July 26, 2017, Manafort’s home was raided for documents as a result of Mueller’s investigation which U.S. District Court Judge T. S. Ellis speculated on Friday were aimed at “ousting” Trump from the White House, a story The New York Times placed in an obscure section of its paper that day.
The Times stated that its presentation of Mueller’s alleged questions includes condensations and rewording.
According to the paper, Mueller reportedly wishes to ask Trump what he was “thinking” “about Mr. Comey’s intelligence briefing on Jan. 6, 2017, about Russian election interference?”
Another set of questions relates to Trump’s first national security advisor, Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn (Ret), and the circumstances regarding Flynn’s telephone calls with then-Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak as well as Flynn’s firing on February 13, 2017.
In his column on Friday, Hanson posed parallel questions from a hypothetical special counsel to Obama concerning “Russian collusion” and Hillary Clinton’s use of a private, unauthorized email server over which Obama himself sent messages.
“Were you briefed at any time on the contents of the Fusion GPS so-called Steele dossier? If so, when and by whom, and what actions did you take in response to such knowledge?” is another hypothetical question posed to Obama.
Hanson included a query as to whether or not Obama had knowledge of the June 26, 2016 “clandestine meeting” between then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Clinton’s husband, former President William Jefferson Clinton, on an airport tarmac in Arizona where Lynch said that “golf” and “grandchildren” were discussed after the meeting itself was leaked to the press. However, emails obtained through a lawsuit filed by government watchdog Judicial Watch indicate a desire on the part of FBI agents to identify the law enforcer who leaked the fact that the meeting took place rather than the propriety of such a meeting while Hillary Clinton was reportedly under investigation for her use of the private server over which she sent classified information.
Further to Hanson’s article, The Post & Email proposes the following questions be asked by a Special Counsel or Justice Department prosecutor regarding the “long-form” birth certificate image bearing Obama’s name which was posted on the White House website on April 27, 2011 and reported by a 5+-year criminal investigation to be a “computer-generated forgery.”
1. Prior to the publication of what is said to be a PDF scan of your “long-form” birth certificate from the State of Hawaii, your administration reported that your then-personal attorney, Judith Corley of Perkins Coie, traveled to the Hawaii Department of Health to obtain two certified copies of your original birth certificate. Why did you not simply send in the required fee and request form, either over the Internet or by U.S. mail, to obtain the documents?
2. Is the image posted at whitehouse.gov, now archived, representative of the documents Corley retrieved from the Health Department?
3. What is your response to the investigation carried out under the authority of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, headed by then-Sheriff Joseph M. Arpaio, which announced in three separate press conferences between 2012 and 2016 that the “long-form” birth certificate image uploaded to the White House blog is a forgery?
4. Why did your first press secretary, Robert Gibbs, say that the “Certification of Life Birth” released by an unconfirmed individual on or about June 12, 2008, was the only “birth certificate” available to you as an individual allegedly born in Hawaii?
5. Why was your FBI aware of the findings that the long-form image is fraudulent but conducted no investigation into who might have committed the felony of fabricating a government document? What did your first FBI director, Robert S. Mueller, III, or your second, James B. Comey, know about the reported “long-form” forgery?
6. The same questions apply to your purported Selective Service registration form, which Arpaio’s investigators also found to be fraudulent. Why was your Selective Service System director, Lawrence Romo, unwilling to allow Arpaio and chief investigator Mike Zullo access to your original Selective Service registration form or a certified copy on location?
7. Why did the Justice Department suddenly say, after Arpaio made the request to see the form, that all such records from that era were destroyed, contrary to longstanding government policy?
8. Did your campaign or administration coordinate with members of the mainstream media a disinformation effort to discourage the American people from discovering the truth about your origins, background and what has been found to be fraudulent documentation?
9. Did your administration coerce, threaten or intimidate anyone into silence or into disseminating false information about your short-form birth certificate, long-form birth certificate, or Selective Service registration form? Was Perkins Coie involved in disseminating false or misleading information?
10. Why did MSNBC host Chris Matthews say on December 18, 2007 that you were “born in Indonesia”?
11. Why did NPR report in 2008 that you were “Kenyan-born“?
12. Why did your first literary agent, Acton & Dystel, publish a biographical sketch of you in 1991 which claimed that you were “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii”? Why was that information changed in April 2007 to say that you were “born in Hawaii”?
13. Why did your wife Michelle say that Kenya is your “home country”? Why have members of the Kenyan Parliament said you were born there and not Hawaii?
14. Why has the mainstream press put forth differing accounts of your life story, particularly relating to your early years?
15. What documentation do you possess which shows that you are a “natural born Citizen” as Article II, Section 1, clause 5 of the U.S. Constitution requires for the president and commander-in-chief?
16. Why did Sheriff Arpaio say that based on what he claims the investigation unearthed, you would not qualify to work as a Maricopa County employee, let alone the White House?
17. Why do disinformation agents continue to closely monitor any reportage of the “birth certificate” issue? Do they fear that the Trump administration, once past the “Russia collusion” probe, might turn its attention to the origins of the PDF image given that Trump himself was the first prominent person to publicly question your presidential eligibility?
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.