“INSTITUTIONAL IGNORANCE IS A BLIGHT ON HUMANITY”
by Michael Gaddy, ©2016, blogging at The Rebel Madman
(Nov. 14, 2016) — Prior to last week’s election, much was stated and printed concerning the appointment of new members to our Supreme Court and how that decision should be used as some form of litmus test reference a voting choice for president. My question concerning both a choice for president and for the Supreme Court is this: if our government acted constitutionally, what difference would it make who was elected or appointed to either position?
Do we truly expect those elected to president and those appointed to lifetime positions of power over others to follow their sacred oaths or do we just pick and choose candidates based on who is the most convincing liar? No need to answer; voters actions over the past 5 or 6 decades provides all the evidence needed. We did not get in the mess we are in, in this country, because we have intelligent, informed voters who cherish Liberty and their Natural rights.
“The judiciary of the United States is the subtle corps of sappers and miners constantly working underground to undermine our Constitution from a co-ordinate of a general and special government to a general supreme one alone. This will lay all things at their feet. … I will say, that “against this every man should raise his voice,” and, more, should uplift his arm …” — Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Thomas Ritchie, Sept. 1820
Well, it would appear that ignorance of our Constitution and the intent of the framers of that document has reached an all-time high. The majority of responses coming from the species Ignoramus Americanus, especially in dealing with the Nazi-like actions of the Bureau of Land Management and the FBI in Nevada and Oregon, directed against ranchers Cliven Bundy and his sons Ammon and Ryan, is that the Federal Courts have “so ruled” in one manner or another and therefore their decisions preclude any Natural or Common rights Mr. Bundy, his sons, and supporters, and by default, “we the people” might have.
The public fool system in this country has worked its intended magic; the majority of people in this land subscribe to the entitlement paradigm even when it comes to their basic rights. Broken down to its lowest common denominator, the belief is: there are nine people wearing black gowns who sometimes meet in the District of Corruption who will provide you with the proper interpretations of your Constitution and the Creator-granted rights included in the Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence. If you partake of their handouts, you must abide by their laws, regulations and executive orders.
This is such a great help because it requires absolutely no effort from the common citizen; no need to read or study the intent of our Founders or our country’s history. Everyone is entitled to a proper understanding of their rights as interpreted by those with more intelligence than the masses and therefore nine-lifetime employees of the guvmint will provide them for you. Their decisions and rulings are as direct deposit as your welfare, Obamacare, and food stamps. You are entitled to them and by damn you’re going to get them no matter how much it costs your working neighbor.
Has anyone taken the time to parallel the decline of this country and the loss of freedoms with the accepted belief that the US Supreme Court is the ultimate arbiter of all things constitutional? Give it a try sometimes instead of watching your favorite TV show, ballgame or cars going fast in a circle. Amazing what a little knowledge can do to one’s acceptance, or lack of same, reference government-sponsored tyranny.
One only has to look back in time to discover the innate wisdom of these oracles in black gowns from on high and why we should bow at their feet and marvel at their knowledge and understanding. Below are just a few examples.
- Early in our history, the federal oracles supported the Sedition Act (United States v Callender) which made it a federal crime to question or criticize the actions of the government. (Ironically, this has been supported by every tyrant in history.)
- 1857- Dred Scott v Sandford where these black-robed bastions of wisdom declared members of the Black Race, “non-persons.” The Chief Justice and the court said Blacks were: “beings of an inferior order and altogether unfit to associate with the white race” with “no right which the white man was bound to respect.” This ruling destroyed the Missouri Compromise and for all practical purposes led to the Civil War and the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans. The Dred Scott decision pumped new life into the rapidly dying institution of slavery.
- 1903- Lone Wolf v Hitchcock. Supreme Court basically said that Congress can do anything it wants to with an Indian tribe, including steal its land. Sounds good I’m sure unless of course, you are an Indian.
- 1944- Korematsu v United States. This was a decision which declared it was constitutional to deprive an American Citizen of Japanese descent his Freedom and Liberty because of his nationality. It also legitimized the placing of over 100,000 such people in “internment camps.” Ironically, the late Supreme Court Justice, Antonin Scalia stated that “during wartime legal norms (read the Constitution and Bill of Rights) can be swept away.”
- 1973- Roe v Wade. This decision, which sanctions infanticide, had no textual foundation in the Constitution itself, it struck down many state statutes, and it created new law. All of which was a Supreme Court ruling by fiat.
- 2000- Bush v Gore. In this decision SCOTUS deemed themselves smarter and more powerful than the voters in Florida and therefore our entire country. One must remember that just because you might favor an unconstitutional decision by the Supreme Court that does not make the unconstitutional act less egregious. The court snatched the power to decide the election away from not only the Florida court but also the Florida legislature and the US Congress. There was also disrespect of prior state law. The Constitution says that when you have a presidential election with either possible irregularities or a non-majority of electoral votes, the judge is to be Congress, in particular, the House of Representatives. Remember, in the Bush v Gore decision, the SCOTUS actually ordered votes stop being counted; the will of the people be damned.
No problem, says Boobus–but they haven’t taken the time to read who the government has declared its enemy. Are you a constitutionalist, a second amendment supporter, stocking food and ammo, in fear of an economic collapse, believe in a “new world order,” do you homeschool or fear runaway government? If you do, according to the Department of Homeland Security, you might be a domestic terrorist and subject to future internment camps according to the Supreme Court. You could be one Executive Order away from confinement, just like the American citizens in 1942, Blacks in 1857 or the Indians in 1903.
There are countless other examples of Supreme Court usurpations of the Constitution, including the creating of law out of whole cloth (Obamacare), and it would take hours to cover these acts in print.
The point was made most succinctly by Jefferson when he stated, “The opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional and what not, not only for themselves, in their own sphere of action, but for the Legislature and Executive also in their spheres, would make the Judiciary a despotic branch.” (Letter to Abigail Adams, September 11, 1804)
If you believe for a moment that the Judicial branch of our government is not despotic then count yourself among the millions of Americans who are willfully ignorant of their own history and more importantly of their own Natural rights as granted by their Creator. Christians especially might want to recheck the First Commandment if they consider the Judicial branch to be the arbiter of their God-given rights.
Instructive also is the beliefs of those who sit on high and make decisions that will ultimately control their very lives. Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Antonin Scalia once told a playwright that the brute force of military action and the subsequent deaths of over 800,000 Americans settled the controversy over Secession (not the Constitution), and Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg stated in her work, Sex Bias in the US Code, that “The age of consent for sex must be lowered to age 12; prisons must be sex-integrated; Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts must be sex-integrated; Mother’s Day and Father’s Day must be integrated and the words husband and wife must be eliminated from legal language and discourse.”
If you think for a moment that these oligarchs care one iota about your constitutional rights, you could not be more mistaken. To believe that a majority of nine have the authority to rule over 300 million people is the repudiation of all things constitutional and the complete destruction of Natural and Common law.
The ignorance of the majority should never control the destiny and lives of true Patriots and those who cherish Liberty. Institutional ignorance is a blight on humanity and was never intended to be its controlling element.
IN RIGHTFUL REBEL LIBERTY
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.