by Dr. Thomas E. Davis, Col., USA (Ret.), ©2016
2. Engaging In An Illegal War In Libya: While the President is the Commander-in-Chief, the Constitution gives Congress the ability to declare war. In the modern era, that has just meant an authorization of force from Congress, which Obama did not pursue. Additionally, we’ve tended to give Presidents the benefit of the doubt when American lives are at stake. However, in Libya, Obama didn’t seek the permission of Congress and we had no national security interest in Libya. In other words, Obama’s real justification for bombing that country and overthrowing its government was that HE FELT LIKE IT. Using the exact same precedent, the next President could bomb Mexico or Cuba without Congressional authorization. Incidentally, bombing either of those nations would probably make more sense than bombing Libya, although that’s not saying much since our intervention there has been a complete disaster.
3. Lying To Sell Obamacare To The American People: When Barack Obama told the public if they liked their plan, they could keep their plan, he was lying. When he told Americans if they liked their doctor, they could keep their doctor, he knew it wasn’t so. When he told Americans Obamacare would cut costs by $2,500 for the average family, he was deliberately misleading the public. For a President of the United States to PERSONALLY spend months telling deliberate falsehoods to the American people in order to convince them to support something as massive as a government takeover of the health care system is beyond the pale. If the willful lies Barack Obama told to sell Obamacare don’t merit impeachment, then there are no lies that a President could tell to the American people big enough to merit impeachment.
4. Violating Immigration Law And Illegally Implementing The DREAM ACT: Simply put, Barack Obama has ceased to enforce most immigration law. As Senator Jeff Sessions has noted, “At least 99.92% of illegal immigrants and visa overstays without known crimes on their records did not face removal.” In other words, we’ve already stopped deporting anyone other than SOME hardcore criminals and gang members. Additionally, when the DREAM ACT didn’t make it through Congress, Obama simply implemented it ANYWAY. Not only is he explicitly telling illegal aliens they can stay in the United States, he’s illegally giving them work permits that he has zero right to offer. Even if Congress is too split on the issue to unify and put a stop to what Obama’s doing, that doesn’t change the fact that it’s flatly illegal. If this is allowed to stand, tell me ANY LAW on the books that the President is obligated to enforce?
5. Releasing 5 Taliban Terrorists In Exchange For Deserter Bowe Bergdahl: Barack Obama was legally required to alert Congress 30 days before he released terrorists from Gitmo. Not only did he fail to do so, but more seriously he released five high-level terrorists who he knew were likely to help kill Americans in the future. One of the terrorists has ALREADY SAID he intends to go back to Afghanistan to fight America. Barack Obama spent a lot of time bragging about getting Bin Laden, but he just released five Bin Ladens back into the world, and a lot of Americans who didn’t desert their country are likely to die because of it.
6. The Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act (introduced as Arizona Senate Bill 1070 and thus often referred to simply as Arizona SB 1070) is a 2010 legislative Act in the U.S. state of Arizona that at the time of passage in 2010 was the broadest and strictest anti-illegal immigration measure in many Decades.
The ACLU stated on its website, “The ACLU, along with a coalition of civil rights organizations, will continue to challenge the Arizona law on other constitutional grounds.”
Another pro-Latino organization, La Raza, of which U. S. Congressman representing Arizona, Raul Grijalva (D, 3rd) is a strident spokesman, also sought injunctive relief from the 9th Circuit. Obama and Holder encouraged several Latin nations to take similar action.
Both Obama and Holder, had they read the Constitution, not even studied it, MUST have known they were perjuring themselves by providing false information to the leaders of a sovereign State. reads:” No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, …or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.” And my reading as set forth above is confirmed and further corroborated by the eminent Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, Joseph Story, in his Commentaries on the United States Constitution in § 1398.
Operation Fast and Furious, an illegal covert operation under control of Obama and Holder operated from 2009-2011. Numerous illegally-sold and transported weapons were “walked” into the hands of the Mexican drug cartels. An estimated 1400 weapons were “lost” in Mexico by the ATF. Two of the weapons were recovered at the scene of the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, one of which was the murder weapon. Several hundred Mexican nationals were also victims of this scheme. Rather than recount the details here, a hyperlink follows:
During the Congressional investigation that followed, an arrogant Attorney General Holder was cited for Contempt of Congress. During one broadcast of the hearings which I watched, Holder in a most despicable fashion ‘warn’ Representative Louie Gohmert in response to a question from Rep. Gohmert, responded to the effect, “Hey, Buddy, you don’t want to go there! “It is disrespectful to call a Representative ‘Buddy.’”
Fast and Furious produced at least two criminal offenses by both Obama and Holder, offenses for which no judicial action was ever taken. Both were and are guilty of violation of Article 104 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice for giving aid and comfort to an enemy of the United States, that enemy being the organized Mexican drug cartels. Both are also guilty of accessory to the murder of Brian Terry.
The illegal bombing of Libya was noted in the 2nd paragraph of this article which brings us to the Benghazi fiasco and Obama, Hillary Clinton, Leon Panetta and Martin Dempsey responsible for the loss of four patriotic American lives. I will not dwell on this since it has been well-covered. The salient facts are these: Ambassador Stevens had asked multiple times for more security; it was DENIED.
Though an unmanned drone provided live coverage, Obama was too concerned with either or both his playmate Reggie Love and/or his campaign fundraiser set for September 12, 2012, in Las Vegas.
Members of the Naval forces insist that Naval air support was within 1 to 2 hours from Benghazi but was nearer called upon. The flimsy excuse was, “There wasn’t enough time.” That has been discounted by many ranking Naval officers. I am quite certain the facts are available to General Duneford.
The final act of treason took place beginning in late 2012 and extending into early 2013. Obama; Clinton, still Secretary of State; John Kerry, SOS Designee; and others facilitated the transfer a gift of 20 F-16 McDonnell-Douglas fighter jets, 200 Abrams Battle Tanks and $1 million in purportedly unappropriated funds to a sworn enemy of the United States, the Muslim Brotherhood, then in control of Egypt under the tenuous control of President Mohamed Morsi.
The transfer was signed off on by every Democrat Senator and 23 Republican Senators, thus making them equally guilty of Treason with those named. Further, any other members of the Senate and the House of Representatives who was or became aware of this treasonous act and failed to report it as required by law is guilty of Misprision of Treason.
In some fashion this mass betrayal of the nation by its hired hands must be halted. Barry Soetoro-Obama, in particular, poses the greatest threat since on January 20, 2017, he will depart for parts unknown, carrying with him secrets and intelligence information that should never have been entrusted to an individual of questionable allegiance. This fact is, to me, most worrisome and troubling.