If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!

BERGDAHL PLATOON MEMBERS’ DEATHS APPEAR AS BLANK PAGES

by Sharon Rondeau

Blank page at the Department of Defense (DOD) website resulting from a link embedded in TIME story of June 2, 2014 under the name “Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey

(Oct. 16, 2015) — In March, a soldier accused of “desertion” and “misbehavior before the enemy” was the subject of an “Article 32” hearing under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) last month.

Bowe Bergdahl has been said by fellow platoon members and “commanders” to have purposely left his post on June 30, 2009.  According to The New York Times, “Bergdahl’s battalion commander, Col. Clinton Baker, said that although no soldiers died as part of the search, there was a spike in improvised explosive device attacks because soldiers were going to places they ordinarily wouldn’t have gone.”

The Times also reported that “Republicans were furious that the Obama administration failed to give 30-days notice to Congress” but not that the 30-day notice was a part of a law which Obama himself signed.

Baker’s reported testimony contradicts a TIME article dated June 2, 2014 which reported that “according to military officials,” six soldiers lost their lives while on search missions for Bergdahl amid an increased exposure to IED attacks and other security risks.

Links to DOD web pages which apparently contained details of how each soldier died now lead to blank pages.

Result when clicking on link embedded in TIME article under the name “Private 1st Class Matthew Martinek.”

On May 31, 2014, the Obama regime exchanged five Taliban commanders imprisoned at the U.S. military base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for Bergdahl, who was reported as having been “captured” and held by Taliban members for just under five years following his disappearance.

The Emir of Qatar was reportedly an intermediary in the prisoner exchange.  A coalition of researchers has reported that Qatar is “home of the Muslim Brotherhood and a state sponsor of terror.”  Last year, the researchers additionally reported:

A backer of international terror from Nigeria to Gaza to Syria and Iraq, the Qatari ruling family, the al-Thanis, exploit Islamic jihadi groups and their ties to illicit smuggling.

What is being smuggled?  Mostly narcotics and people – slaves.

On June 2, 2014, former Rep. Allen B. West reported that former CIA operative Claire Lopez contacted him to say that Bergdahl’s father’s “first words” at a press conference where his son’s recovery was announced by Obama “were Arabic.”

According to MSNBC commentator Chris Matthews, Obama has “an Islamic background.”  Obama’s public life story states that he lived in Indonesia from ages 6-10 and attended at least one school where he learned to recite the Quran.  He also reportedly attended mosque with his stepfather, Lolo Soetoro.

Obama claims to be a Christian but identified his faith as “Muslim” during the 2008 campaign, after which ABC News reporter George Stephanopoulos quickly said, “You mean your Christian faith,” with which Obama then agreed.

On Tuesday, The Post & Email reached an Army spokesman about the status of the Bergdahl case whose is as follows:

Thank you for our conversation of 12:30 p.m EDT, 13 Oct. Regarding you question about the Article 32 hearing process, in general, within the U.S. Army: Following an Article 32 preliminary hearing and receipt of the Article 32 preliminary hearing officer’s recommendations, the report will be forwarded to a General Court-martial convening authority who may refer charges to General Court-martial, refer the charges to a Special Court-martial, dismiss the charges, or take any other action he deems appropriate.

In this specific case: As legal action is ongoing, we continue to maintain careful respect for the military-judicial process, the rights of the accused, and ensuring the case’s fairness and impartiality. Sgt. Robert Bowdrie (“Bowe”) Bergdahl currently is charged under the Uniform Code of Military Justice with one count of Article 85, “Desertion with Intent to Shirk Important or Hazardous Duty,” and one count of Article 99, “Misbehavior Before The Enemy by Endangering the Safety of a Command, Unit or Place.” We will notify the public and interested news media when further information about this ongoing legal action potentially is available.

Very respectfully,
–paul

Paul Boyce
Office of the Chief of Public Affairs; ATTN: AFCS-PA
U.S. Army Forces Command
Bldg. 8-1808, 4700 Knox St.
Fort Bragg, N.C. 28310
E-mail: john.p.boyce2.civ@mail.mil
Phone: (910)-570-7200; Fax: (910) 570-1546; Military DSN: 670-7200

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

In the heading of his email response, Boyce identified the city and state from which we had called even though we had not provided it in our voice message.

In September, it was reported that Marine Sgt. First Class Charles Martland was to be discharged from the Army on November 1 after having “shoved to the ground” an Afghan commander who had laughed after Martland’s confronting him for having sexually abused a young boy and ordered his mother beaten when she tried to intervene.

Martland’s direct supervisor, Green Beret Capt. Dan Quinn, eventually left the Army after the incident, having been present and reacted in the same manner as Martland against the Afghan police commander.

On September 20, The New York Times reported that “Rampant sexual abuse of children has long been a problem in Afghanistan, particularly among armed commanders who dominate much of the rural landscape and can bully the population. The practice is called bacha bazi, literally ‘boy play,’ and American soldiers and Marines have been instructed not to intervene — in some cases, not even when their Afghan allies have abused boys on military bases, according to interviews and court records.”

A different sex slave of the same Afghani commander ambushed and killed three soldiers while they were exercising in the base’s gym, an action which might have been ordered by the Afghan commander himself.  According to Fox News in August, the commander was “trained, armed and paid with U.S. taxpayer dollars.”

A 2009 report on Afghanistan published in March 2010 by the U.S. State Department summarized the country’s human rights record as “poor” and inclusive of the commission of such crimes as “extrajudicial killings, torture, poor prison conditions, official impunity, prolonged pretrial detention, restrictions on freedom of the press, restrictions on freedom of religion, violence and societal discrimination against women, restrictions on religious conversions, abuses against minorities, sexual abuse of children, trafficking in persons, abuse of worker rights, the use of child soldiers in armed conflict, and child labor.”

As The Post & Email reported on October 1, the sexual enslavement and abuse of young boys is common in Afghanistan.

On September 22, the Army issued a statement in which Gen. John F. Campbell wrote that “Recent media reports citing alleged cases from 2010, 2011, and 2012, have claimed that in the past a command policy existed within the Afghan theater of operations that U.S. forces were to ignore suspicions of sexual abuse committed by Afghans against children. I personally have served multiple tours of duty in Afghanistan and am absolutely confident that no such theater policy has ever existed here, and certainly, no such policy has existed throughout my tenure as commander.”

The confrontation with the Afghani police commander resulted in a “memorandum of reprimand” being placed in Martland’s file.  The military’s “Qualitative Management Program [QMP]” reportedly then flagged him as a candidate for termination, according to a letter written on October 6 by House Armed Services Committee Chair Rep. Mac Thornberry to Secretary of the Army John McHugh.

Thornberry asked McHugh to delay Martland’s separation “until he can prepare an appeal with adequate military counsel.” In regard to a reporting system of alleged sexual abuse in Afghanistan within the military, Thornberry wrote that he was “not satisfied that the policies in place are robust enough, or that our men and women in uniform find them reliable.”

He concluded his letter by decrying “indiscriminate cuts to our military.”

On Friday, The Post & Email obtained a statement on Martland’s case from Army spokesman Lt. Col. Benjamin Garrett, which reads:

From:  Garrett, Benjamin L LTC USARMY HQDA OCPA (US) )
Sent: Fri 10/16/15 4:41 PM
To: Sharon Rondeau

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

“Out of respect for Chairman Thornberry’s continued strong support for our military, and his personal appeal, Secretary McHugh has agreed to postpone Sgt. First Class Martland’s discharge from the Army for 60 days to allow him to file an appeal with the Army Board for the Correction of Military Records.

“As Chairman Thornberry noted, the Army has no choice but to reduce the size of its ranks, and the QMP process is vitally important to ensure that the Army retains only the best qualified Soldiers. While the material in SGT Martland’s file required that he be considered by the QMP board, it is our desire to ensure every Soldier receives fairness and due process and we continue to act accordingly.”

ARMY STRONG!!

Respectfully,

LTC Ben Garrett
Army Media Relations