If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!
AND WHAT IS THE MISSION?
by Sharon Rondeau
(Oct. 9, 2014) — At 11:38 a.m. EDT, Texas Gov. Rick Perry met with U.S. Army soldiers from Ft. Hood who will be deploying to West Africa reportedly to help contain the outbreak of the Ebola virus which has killed close to 4,000 people this year.
“You have a very important role that you’re going to be playing here,” Perry said when he began his remarks. Perry then referred to Thomas Eric Duncan, who traveled from Liberia to Belgium to Dallas and died on Wednesday from the virus. “You can do a great service to the world,” Perry told the troops.
Duncan may have potentially infected up to 100 people, including children, upon his arrival in Texas in late September.
Perry is an Air Force veteran and acknowledged that the deployment to Africa is a mission which the service members “might not have seen comin’.” He said that the troops’ duties will “make a difference.”
“I wish you safe travel and a fast journey back home as well,” Perry said after approximately six minutes. Shortly thereafter, Channel 5’s live feed stopped.
Meanwhile, Perry has activated an “Infectious Disease Task Force” to combat Ebola. A second man reportedly “exhibiting symptoms” who had been in contact with Duncan was admitted to a Texas hospital on Wednesday. Ten people who spent time with Duncan before he was hospitalized are considered “high risk” by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Although extra precautions will reportedly now be initiated at five U.S. airports, the Obama regime has not banned travelers from the countries where Ebola has taken its worst toll, which include Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea.
While initial reports claimed that U.S. troops would not come into contact with the deadly disease, a report written by Dr. Jerome Corsi of WND, although apparently removed from the web later, stated that in fact, they will have “direct contact with Ebola.”
According to USA Today, 350 U.S. troops have already arrived in West Africa. The troops may be deployed in Liberia for a year, according to The Army Times, which quoted AFRICOM commander Gen. David Rodriguez. The purpose of the troops’ presence is reportedly to construct a total of 17 Ebola treatment facilities by the end of November.
Rodriguez altered his initial assurance that U.S. soldiers would not be directly exposed to the disease when he said, “They’ll continually relook that decision.” Quoting Rodriguez on Thursday, The Hill reported that “Several dozen U.S. troops could come into contact with Ebola while testing for the deadly disease in Liberia, the Pentagon said Tuesday…The new details on the military’s response to Ebola reveals a riskier operation than previously announced by the White House, surfacing fresh concerns of troops entering high-risk zones.”
The Hill added that “During the briefing, Rodriguez said the military’s trained health workers could come into contact with infected patients. But he later corrected the record, stressing that military personnel would work only with samples.”
On Tuesday, The Washington Post issued a similar report regarding Rodriguez’s remarks, including a “follow-up statement” issued Tuesday afternoon in which Rodriguez said, “…U.S. military personnel working in the labs are not interacting with patients, only samples. The testing labs are manned by highly skilled and trained personnel from the U.S. Naval Medical Research Center…”
Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin (Ret.) said he is “alarmed” at the Obama regime’s decision to deploy U.S. troops to West Africa.
Rodriguez assumed control of AFRICOM after relieving Gen. Carter Ham on the evening of September 11, 2012 after a U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya came under attack by Islamic terrorists. Ham retired the following April. Multiple sources reported that Ham had intended to send a military unit to combat the terrorists but that he had been told to “stand down.”
Four Americans died in the attack which the Obama regime initially characterized as having resulted from anger over an internet video parodying Islam. Then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice, and Obama were all found to have lied to the American public about the cause of the attack.
A “White House Fact Sheet” dated September 16, 2014 begins, “As the President has stated, the Ebola epidemic in West Africa and the humanitarian crisis there is a top national security priority for the United States. In order to contain and combat it, we are partnering with the United Nations and other international partners to help the Governments of Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, and Senegal respond just as we fortify our defenses at home.”
At that time, the White House claimed that “CDC is working closely with Customs and Border Protection and other partners at ports of entry—primarily international airports—to use routine processes to identify travelers who show signs of infectious disease. In response to the outbreak, these processes have been enhanced through guidance and training. If a sick traveler is identified during or after a flight, the traveler will be immediately isolated, and CDC will conduct an investigation of exposed travelers and work with the airline, federal partners, and state and local health departments to notify them and take any necessary public health action.”
CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden said that his department is “work[ing] to continuously increase the safety of Americans” but has maintained that a moratorium on flights entering the United States from affected countries would potentially be worse than “closing the border.” On Thursday, commentator, radio host and writer Erik Rush began his column with “Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, insulted the intelligence and common sense of those Americans still possessed of intelligence and common sense this past weekend with the fundamentally absurd argument that controlling the spread of the Ebola virus ought not include limiting entry to the United States from areas in which Ebola is raging.”
A Department of Defense spokesman said that military officials are reporting to congressional committees how they will spend up to $1 billion to combat the spread of the disease from West African nations.
On Wednesday, Sen. David Vitter expressed his concerns in a letter to the chairmen and ranking members of the Senate Appropriations Committee and Armed Services Committee that questions posed by members of Congress on the proposed $1 billion expenditure have not yet been answered.
In an emailed newsletter issued on Thursday afternoon, House Armed Services Committee Chairman Buck McKeon wrote:
The Administration’s request to reprogram $1 billion towards efforts to mitigate the Ebola outbreak left me with significant questions on how American forces deployed to Africa would be kept safe, how their bio-security could be assured, what their exact mission would be, how the requested funds would be spent, and what would happen to any US personnel who contract Ebola. I recognize that Ebola is a serious threat and commend the selfless bravery of our men and women in uniform who are deploying to contain the outbreak. To get them started, I initially authorized reprogramming $100 million while DOD formulated a response to my concerns about how our troops would be kept safe.
This week, the Committee received briefings in which the DoD estimates, based upon prior humanitarian relief efforts they will require $750 million for the first six months of the mission. While I maintain concerns, particularly regarding the safety and security of our military personnel supporting this mission, DOD has provided us with much of their force protection plan and the other information requested. Therefore, I am prepared to release $750 million to DOD. Releasing these funds marks the beginning of the Committee’s oversight of this important mission, not the end.
McKeon is not running for re-election next month.
In his letter, Vitter said that “Instead of using powers given to him, the President is requesting $1 billion for a plan that has not been presented to members of Congress, focuses on Africa, and largely ignores our own borders.”
On October 2, Atty. Larry Klayman filed a 22-page petition to three officials working in the area of immigration and deportation demanding that Barack Hussein Obama be evaluated for deportation as a foreign national posing as a “natural born Citizen” in order to occupy the White House. In an interview with Fox News Radio’s Alan Colmes in which he explained why he submitted the detailed letter, Klayman cited the Framers’ desire to prevent foreign influence from pervading the highest office in the land.
Obama has been reported as having been “born in Kenya” or Indonesia as well as Hawaii. Both his long-form birth certificate posted on the White House website and his purported Selective Service registration form have been declared “computer-generated forgeries” by the Maricopa County, AZ Cold Case Posse during two press conferences in 2012.
Posse lead investigator Mike Zullo and Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who commissioned the posse to examine the long-form birth certificate image at the request of 250 of his constituents, have classified the forgery of Obama’s only proffered documents as an issue of “national security.”
At 7:38 a.m. EDT on Thursday, The Post & Email contacted military media spokesman LCDR Nathan J. Christensen and asked:
Hello, CDR Christensen, there are conflicting reports about whether or not U.S. troops deploying to West Africa will be directly exposed to the Ebola virus.
On Tuesday, Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin said that the troops will be exposed:
On Wednesday, Dr. Jerome Corsi wrote an article stating that U.S. troops will work side-by-side with Liberian troops, eight of whom have died from the disease:
The original article seems to have been pulled:
What is the truth about this, and whose decision was it to send U.S. troops?
Have the troops deployed yet?
Are U.S. soldiers the best means by which to fight the disease in West Africa?
Thank you very much.
Sharon Rondeau, Editor
The Post & Email
Christensen responded almost immediately with:
Adding my colleague who can help.
He copied the message to “Henderson, Valerie D LTC USARMY OSD PA (US) (firstname.lastname@example.org).”
As of 3:00 p.m. EDT, The Post & Email had not received a response from Lt. Col. Henderson, which is unusual for the military.
In recent months, the Secret Service, FBI and and every congressional media representative The Post & Email has contacted have failed to answer our inquiries on various subjects.