“AN INVOLUNTARY INMATE”
by Doretta Wildes, ©2013, blogging at DorettaWildes
A new phenomenon is making the rounds in Connecticut. It goes something like this:
- Force a perfectly sane, honorably discharged veteran to undergo a “wellness check” by a couple of police officers.
- Search his home without a warrant and threaten to blow up his gun safe unless he opens it.
- Confiscate his legally owned guns.
- Trap him in a VA hospital psych ward, then declare him unfit to own guns.
- Keep him locked up for a couple of days just to humiliate and shake him up.
- Impound his dog.
- Revoke his gun license.
- Release him on his own “recognizance.”
- Leave him with thousands of dollars in copays for the privilege of being an involuntary inmate of the VA hospital psych ward.
It all happened this February to Navy veteran and Naugatuck resident David Schmecker, who recently told his story on Infowars.com.
A disabled vet who takes pain medications, David says his ordeal began last year when he requested a change in meds.
He was informed by the VA hospital that he would have to undergo psych evaluations and testing first. After David declined, the head trip began.
His doctor called his answering machine to “check up” on him in February and judged David’s phone message to be a bit “strange.” So he called the police and ordered a “wellness check.” See above for the rest of the head trip.
News of David’s ordeal prompted a New York psychiatrist to vouch for him, describing his own experience with the new veteran-targeted gun confiscation psyop. Not only does he validate the fact that this phenomenon is real–part of a government agenda to grab firearms from veterans and weaken the second amendment–but also says that VA psychiatrists are paid handsomely for every successful ambush: $3,000 a head.
Listen to the interview of the psychiatrist here. Be aware that his voice is disguised and identity is not revealed for obvious reasons, but I believe this psychiatric deep throat is a reliable source.
David Schmecker is still trying to retrieve his pistol license and pay for his hospital and legal costs. His dog is back home. His dignity is intact–because he had the courage to speak out.
If you’d like to help David defray the costs of this pernicious, unwarranted and illegal swoop, you can find more details about his story, plus his contact info here.
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.