WHITE HOUSE HAS NOT DIVULGED OBAMA’S ALLEGED ACTIVITY ON 9/11/12
by Sharon Rondeau
(Feb. 14, 2013) — The Washington Times is reporting that a letter sent by the White House to Capitol Hill claims that Obama “didn’t make any phone calls” on September 11, 2012, the night a U.S. mission building was attacked by terrorists, resulting in the deaths of four Americans.
The letter, which was reportedly directed to Sen. Carl Levin, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, does not appear to have been published as of this writing.
CNN made reference to the communication but said only that Obama, “according to the letter, did not speak to the Libyan president until the evening of the day following the violence.” Then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reportedly spoke to the leader of Libya the evening of the attack.
As hearings proceed on the confirmation of former Sen. Charles Hagel for Defense Secretary in the Senate, Sens. Lindsey Graham, Kelly Ayotte and John McCain said they want questions answered about what Obama was doing the night of the attack before voting on Hagel.
Outgoing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta testified on February 7 that he had briefed Obama on the attack at 5:00 p.m. during a face-to-face, previously-scheduled meeting. Some reports have stated that Joe Biden was present at the meeting, while some contend that Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Gen. Martin Dempsey was a third party present. During his testimony, Panetta claimed that Obama left all decisions up to Dempsey and him that night and that Obama did not speak with them again.
As of this morning, McCain said he had not seen the White House letter allegedly explaining what Obama was doing that night. According to The Washington Times, McCain said, “We still don’t know what the president of the United States was doing the night of the attack and who he was talking to. We know who he wasn’t talking to.”
Does McCain know that Obama was talking to someone? If Obama did not “make any phone calls,” did he receive any?
The Times also reports that Panetta “told Congress last week that he knew immediately the attacks were a terrorist assault, though the White House downplayed that notion in the first five days after the attack.” In actuality, the White House insisted for weeks that the Benghazi incident was a result of a spontaneous protest sparked by an anti-Islamic video produced by a Muslim living in Southern California with a criminal history, including using multiple identities.
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.