CONSTITUENT EDUCATES SENATOR ON THE MEANING OF “NATURAL BORN CITIZEN”
February 9, 2011
Senator Roy Blunt
Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Dear Senator Blunt:
I am grateful for your reply to my letter of January 7 regarding eligibility requirements, but I am disappointed in your response for several reasons.
1. You must be an honorable man, but you completely ignored the fact that at the time of his birth, Barack H. Obama II owed allegiance to Great Britain. That is not disputed, it is admitted by Obama himself. Thus you failed to respond to the central point of my letter: because Obama’s father was a foreigner, Obama II is not a “natural born Citizen” (nbC), regardless of where he was born, and is therefore ineligible for the presidency. I pointed out that nbC is different from plain citizen, but you write as if the only question is whether Obama was born in Hawaii. It is impossible for someone born with foreign allegiance to be nbC.
2. You quote Article II, Section 1 and then say it is up to the states and the courts to determine eligibility. You completely ignore my argument that Section 3 of the 20th Amendment calls for Congress to act after an unqualified person has been elected to the presidency. No state has the power to in effect override or nullify the MANDATE of Article II, Section 1. Senator Blunt, you solemnly swore to “support and defend the Constitution” and to “bear true faith and allegiance to the same,” but now you violate your oath by saying that ensuring eligibility per Artilce II is someone else’s job. That seems unworthy of an honorable man.
3. You deceptively defend your evasion of your duty by saying that “courts have jurisdiction” over eligibility, that “several courts have dismissed cases questioning President Obama’s citizenship,” and that “on December 8, 2008, the Supreme Court turned down an appeal” in this matter. You imply that our courts have duly searched for the truth and examined the evidence, but that implication is false, since the courts have never permitted a trial of truth but have instead denied the plaintiffs “standing,” even going so far as to say it is up to Congress–i.e., YOU, honorable sir–to handle the matter.
4. You, having the honor of representing the “Show-Me State,” have let yourself be fooled into accepting Obama’s online computer-generated COLB as proof of Obama’s Hawaiian birth, although that digital image of a purported secondary document lacks specific verifiable documentation such as hospital and doctor’s name, doctor’s signature, and raised seal of the state. Again, you ignored my statement that there is “abundant and credible evidence that Barack H. Obama II was actually born in Kenya.”
With my previous letter to you dated September 12, which you did not answer, I enclosed a copy of Obama’s Kenyan birth certificate with these comments, which I now ask you to consider thoughtfully:
Unlike the purported secondary document from Hawaii, which Hawaii has never verified as authentic, the Kenyan Certificate of Birth is a primary document that bears a certificate number, states a hospital of birth, is signed by the doctor, signed by the supervisor of obstetrics, signed by or for the chief administrator who released the document on Feb. 19, 2009, has the imprint of baby Obama’s foot, and bears an official seal.
It does not take an expert in document authentication to see that the Kenyan birth certificate ranks much higher in face validity than the possibly forged document produced by Obama’s own campaign office in 2008.
If there is any question that our Commander-in-Chief is a foreigner, Congress should immediately investigate the facts and hold open, fair hearings to definitively ascertain the truth.
5. You have been furthered snookered into accepting the Annenberg Public Policy Center as being some sort of legitimate authority on document authentication, whereas the actual source for the pseudo-validation of Obama’s COLB was FactCheck.org, a two-person leftist website that is a political arm of the Annenberg Foundation. This is the same foundation that funded the Chicago Challenge, run by Obama and unrepentant terrorist William Ayers, so it can hardly be considered an objective source of truth. I wish you were wise as well as honorable.
6. I appreciate your offer to converse further on Facebook, but as your constituent I am asking you to take action on my behalf. Specifically, I ask that you do whatever is needed to have a congressional committee fully and fairly investigate Obama’s eligibility. If a congressional committee finds that president-elect Obama is not eligible per Article 2, Section 1, I ask you to sponsor a bill or joint resolution saying Obama suffers from a constitutional disability for office in that he does not qualify for the office and that therefore Section 3 of Amendment XX is hereby invoked.
Amend. 20, Section 3 states ” . . . OR [emphasis added because that “or” is key] if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President . . . until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.”
Clearly the Framers of the Constitution foresaw the possibility of removing an unqualified President AFTER he had been elected. And it does not require impeachment and a trial. The common argument that since Obama won the election we have to live with it is false. Congress should hold hearings and determine once and for all two things:
A. Was Barack Obama born a citizen of the United States? (This has never been established as a legal and verifiable fact. Don’t play ostrich. Make Obama show his authentic, long-form, doctor-signed, officially sealed birth certificate. Show me, Senator, that you are not a coward.)
B. Is Barack Obama a natural born Citizen as that term was used in the Constitution? (In answering this Congress might well request an opinion from the Supreme Court, sans those justices appointed by Obama.)
Finally, may I say that as a Senator you are greatly superior to both Claire McCaskill and Robin Carnahan. You are the best Missouri has to offer this country, as I hope you will soon demonstrate by acting honorably in this matter of great consequence to us all.
Editor’s Note: The above letter was sent after Mr. Hunter received the following from Sen. Blunt:
The text of the letter reads:
Thank you for contacting me regarding citizenship and eligibility requirements for public office. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.
Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution states that “No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.”
As you may know, President Obama’s campaign released a copy of his certification of live birth in June of 2008. The Constitution gives power to the states to determine a candidate’s eligibility to run for office and the courts have jurisdiction to oversee this process. Hawaii’s health Department, Registrar of Records and the Univeristy of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg Public Policy Center have verified the authenticity of his certification of live birth. Several courts have dismissed cases questioning President Obama’s citizenship and on December 8, 2008, the Supreme Court turned down an appeal asking the court to consider the citizenship status of President Obama.
On July 17, 2009, during my time in the House of Representatives, H. Res. 593 passed with my support. This resolution recognizes and celebrates the 50th anniversary of Hawaii’s entry into the Union as the 50th state and honors President Obama’s birth in Hawaii on August 4, 1961. Again, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to continuing our conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SenatorBlunt) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/RoyBlunt) about the important issues facing Missouri and the country. I also encourage you to visit my website (www.blunt.senate.gov) to learn more about where I stand on the issues and sign-up for my e-newsletter.