SARA CARTER: “I BELIEVE NEXT WEEK WE’LL HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS”
by Sharon Rondeau
(Sep. 13, 2018) — On Thursday’s “Hannity,” host Sean Hannity said that new text messages revealed from the Justice Department show that two former high-ranking FBI employees exchanged communications over unsecured devices while working for the bureau.
Former FBI counterintelligence deputy Peter Strzok, who was fired in July after a 22-year career there, and former FBI counsel Lisa Page, who resigned in May, are under scrutiny for their conduct during the 2016 election and afterward given that politically-charged messages were found by the Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, as both worked on the Trump-Russia “collusion” probe.
Congress has been demanding the tens of thousands of texts exchanged between the two as well as numerous other documents the DOJ has been slow to release despite congressional subpoenas.
A number of congressmen investigating why the FBI launched a counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign have urged President Trump to declassify all remaining documents.
Strzok’s attorney has denied any wrongdoing on the part of his client, while Lisa Page’s testimony to Congress was conducted in private and has not been divulged.
At 9:19 p.m., investigative reporter Sara A. Carter reported that Strzok and Page’s texts raise “serious, serious allegations” as to the two former FBI employees and paramours’ professional conduct. Carter said that foreign “spies in the United States” constantly look for unsecure communication channels which they exploit to gather intelligence on U.S. government activity.
“We start where we began, with Hillary Clinton,” Hannity concluded at 9:21, as he brought in Fox News Legal Analyst Gregg Jarrett.
Jarrett discussed texts released earlier in the week which appear to show that Strzok and Page were leaking to the media the fact that a surveillance warrant was requested on then-Trump foreign-policy adviser Carter Page, who is no relation to Lisa Page.
“I believe next week we’ll have all the documents…” Sara Carter said in regard to a key 20-page cache of documentation to include “302s,” or FBI interview summaries, which are said to contain eye-opening information.
Sara Carter, a number of congressmen, the watchdog organization Judicial Watch, and others have for weeks urged Trump to declassify the documents.
On Sunday, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte said that the unreleased documents will reveal “stunning” information about corruption within the DOJ and FBI.
“Those text messages by Strzok and Page” leaking the existence of the surveillance warrant is a crime, former U.S. Attorney for the District of Washington, DC Joseph DiGenova later said. He also faulted The New York Times for publishing leaked information, which he said was “classified.”
DiGenova opined that Carter Page can sue and “is going to be a very rich man.”
He named a number of former high-ranking FBI officials in addition to Strzok and Page who he believes “are going down,” including former FBI Director James Comey.
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.