NEW: SARA CARTER: STATE DEPARTMENT OFFICIALS “KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON”
by Sharon Rondeau
(Sep. 7, 2018) — In his opening monologue Friday night, FNC host Sean Hannity said that President Trump “may declassify” 20 key pages of information “as soon as this weekend” which accompanied four warrant applications for surveillance on Trump foreign-policy adviser Carter Page between October 2016 and June 2017.
The classified documents are said to contain “exculpatory evidence” not presented to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) which reportedly would have shown that no “collusion” took place between the Trump campaign and the Russians, an allegation presented to the court for the surveillance warrants contained in an unverified, politically-obtained “dossier.”
Earlier this week, investigative reporter Sara A. Carter reported that her sources said Trump would likely declassify the 20 pages “within days.”
“The Hill” columnist John Solomon appeared with Sara Carter and Hannity on Friday night to reiterate his breaking news from Thursday stating that DOJ official Bruce Ohr made “efforts to secretly reshape” the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign in 2016 earlier than the FBI has said it opened its probe.
“They were on a fishing expedition to take this president down,” Carter said at 9:16 p.m. EDT, adding there were “more dossiers that we haven’t even discovered” circulated within the State Department containing unverified information on Trump. She also claimed that former Secretary of State John Kerry and one of his deputies, Victoria Nuland, “knew what was going on.”
Various individuals, including Judicial Watch, have been encouraging Trump to declassify the documents.
Carter and Solomon indicated that in their estimation, the level of corruption the documents will demonstrate to the American people is very high. On a scale of 1-10, Solomon said the shock value of the information contained in the documents is a “9 or 10,” and Carter said “a 10+.”
Update: At 9:37, Hannity told FNC reporter Ed Henry that the release of the documents “could come next week.”
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.