HAVE THEY MUZZLED HIM?
by Sharon Rondeau
This writer was watching the 10:00 p.m. show when Hannity stated at its opening, “I promise that I will continue to tell the truth. As for my future at Fox News, Media Matters is attacking. The Left is organizing an advertising boycott. I will continue to do my job to the best of my ability. I serve at the pleasure of Fox News.”
Later, Hannity tweeted that he is “closer to the TRUTH than ever” after stating on-air that he would not speak about the Seth Rich case, at least temporarily.
The writer at MediaEqualizer.com, Brian Maloney, whose work is cited above, provided the following analysis of Hannity’s comments on Tuesday evening:
#StandWithSean, an effort led by StopTheScalpings Co-founder Melanie Morgan, is continuing its efforts to stand by Hannity while he is under fire. This writer is also part of the organization.
On the group’s Facebook page, Morgan told followers, “Hannity is under a REAL threat but he promised to tell the truth, and continue at Fox as long as they let him. Hannity has told me personally that he is making some strategic moves, and this has to do with the Seth Rich murder case.
Hannity also hosts a radio show on WABC in New York, where he has discussed the Rich case in recent days.
Also on Tuesday, Rich’s parents, Joel and Mary, published an editorial at The Washington Post asking interested parties not to “politicize” their son’s tragic death and “give law enforcement the time and space to do the investigation they need to solve our son’s murder.”
Thus far, nearly 11 months later, the police appear to have come up empty-handed.
Last week, the family’s attorney wrote a cease-and-desist letter to Rod Wheeler, a private investigator hired by a third party, but agreed to by the family, to run a parallel investigation to that allegedly ongoing by the DC Metro Police Department.
Earlier today, Fox News pulled an article dated May 16 which reported that a “federal investigator” had spoken with the writer, Malia Zimmerman, regarding clues he said he had found on Rich’s computer indicating that he had communicated with a WikiLeaks conduit who is now deceased.
Joel and Mary Rich have rejected any suggestion that their son was thus engaged, reporting that he had accepted a new position on Hillary Clinton’s campaign and would not have had access to the emails which WikiLeaks released beginning on July 22, 2016.
On August 20, 2016, Newsweek reported that Rich was to testify in the matter of Hillary Clinton’s private server scandal (featured video). The video report also featured WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange stating that there “was no finding” that Rich was murdered in an attempted robbery, as has been the public narrative.
Over the last 11 months, Fox News has been plagued with firings and lawsuits claiming a hostile work environment due to sexual and racial harassment. Last July, Fox News Channel founder Roger Ailes was ousted after former FNC host Gretchen Carlson filed a lawsuit alleging sexual harassment.
While the suit was settled for $20 million, a number of other female former Fox employees filed lawsuits with similar claims. Earlier this month, a lawsuit was filed alleging harassment and discrimination on account of race, and “The Five” co-host Bob Beckel was fired for allegedly making a racially-charged remark to a Fox IT employee who had arrived to service his computer.
Last month, 20-year FNC and top-rated broadcaster Bill O’Reilly was terminated for allegedly sexually harassing women to whom FNC reportedly paid significant sums of money to remain quiet.
Ailes passed away on Thursday, reportedly from complications related to a fall he had sustained, and O’Reilly has now joined forces with radio host Glenn Beck, who also was a show host for Fox during the 5:00 p.m. EDT hour.
Some believe that a systematic effort is under way by left-wing organizations to silence Fox News, which has been known for its right-leaning orientation in a sea of “liberal” media outlets.