AFTER THREE-MONTH ORDEAL

by Sharon Rondeau

(Dec. 29, 2016) — On Thursday, the power of attorney for a U.S. Army soldier held by the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) for three months told The Post & Email that the soldier has been transported to a Veterans’ Administration hospital in his home state.

He was inexplicably admitted to Walter Reed on September 29.  He had received care from the Warrior Transition Brigade over the last three years in expectation of his eventual medical discharge after he sustained a traumatic brain injury.

His discharge from the Army is expected January 3.  The POA told us that he is reportedly “in good spirits.”

On December 18, The Post & Email had reported that a discharge plan had been discussed among the soldier, family members and Col. Matthew Boyle, the member of the Warrior Transition Brigade (WTB) assigned to coordinate the soldier’s transition to veteran status.

The family had hoped that he could be relocated before Christmas.  On Tuesday, The Post & Email reported that the soldier spent Christmas at Walter Reed without family present after a family member was discouraged from making travel arrangements there.

This is a developing story.  Our previous articles on his soldier’s story can be found here.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.