by Sharon Rondeau
“They’re rattled by him and for good reason. Because a lot of the proposals that he’s made display either ignorance of world affairs or a cavalier attitude or an interest in getting tweets and headlines instead of actually thinking through what is required to keep America safe…The world pays attention to U.S. elections…even those countries that are critical of us…know that ultimately things don’t hold together so well if the U.S. isn’t making good decisions and they count on us to provide stability when making global decisions,” Obama was quoted by several outlets as having said.
On Thursday afternoon, U.S. pundits and Trump himself responded to Obama’s remarks with criticism.
Political strategist Karl Rove told Fox News Channel’s Neil Cavuto that Obama’s behavior overseas was “unseemly.” He then said that Obama continues to be focused on himself and that world leaders might have doubts as to his effectiveness over the last eight years. “The narcissist in him is going to be running wild” between now and the November election, Rove opined.
“When you rattle someone, that’s good,” Trump responded at an event in North Dakota.
On Thursday Trump learned, as reported by the Associated Press, that as a result of the latest primaries in Washington State and Oregon over the past two Tuesdays, he had earned enough pledged and unpledged delegates to expect the nomination at the convention in Cleveland in July.
Since Obama has occupied the White House, the following international events have taken place:
- In March 2011, the “Arab Spring” paved the way for the now five-year-old Syrian civil war which has killed more than 150,000 people;
- Libya has been destabilized as a result of then-U.S. State Department Secretary Hillary Clinton’s desire for “regime change” in that country in which U.S. ally Muommar Qaddafi was murdered;
- The rise of ISIS, a barbaric Islamic terrorist group comprising former Syrian “rebel” groups, who the U.S. supported, Al Qaeda and related;
- The arrival of ISIS not only on the Mexico-U.S. border, but also “in all 50 states;”
- Egyptian dictator and U.S. ally Hosni Mubarak was toppled and reportedly tortured, while Mohamed Morsi, backed by Obama and Clinton and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, was “democratically elected,” then deposed by popular protests a year later;
- Political-correctness in the military Rules of Engagement, begun under George W. Bush, were made more restrictive, resulting in a higher percentage of U.S. deaths and injuries;
- Although “loosening” the Rules of Engagement to combat ISIS early this year, the terrorist group continues to maim; murder; kidnap, abuse and sell into slavery women and children of minority groups in Iraq and Syria;
- The United States’ relationship with Israel became contentious, with reports that Obama had walked out on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a White House meeting;
- Obama began his relationship with the UK by insulting then-Prime Minister Gordon Brown with the return of a bust of Winston Churchill, then misrepresenting the facts;
- A resurgence of instability and violence in Iraq, which lost considerable territory to ISIS;
- The capturing of a U.S. Navy ship with ten sailors who were threatened and humiliated by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard as Obama “negotiated” with that nation’s leaders on a “nuclear deal” which has already been violated;
- More than 2,000 terrorist attacks, many of which were fatal, took place;
- On September 11, 2012, four Americans were killed in a terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya about which the Obama regime lied to the American people so as to boost Obama’s chances of re-election seven weeks later.
Domestically, Obama’s “hope and change” have reaped the following:
- According to former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan on Thursday, the U.S. economy continues to show lower-than-expected growth and could descend into the chaos Venezuela is currently experiencing as a result of greatly-expanded entitlements;
- SNAP recipients (formerly “food stamps”) are “at an all-time high“
- Deadly terrorist attacks have taken place in Chattanooga, TN; San Bernardino, CA; Ft. Hood, TX; Boston, MA; Little Rock, AR; New York City and Binghamton, NY;
- “Honor killings” and revenge murders by Islamic radicals have taken place in various cities around the country as more Syrian “refugees” are brought into the country at an accelerated rate;
- Parts of U.S. military bases have been made into makeshift housing for illegal aliens carrying illnesses and diseases allowed to permeate the porous Southern border, where U.S. Border Patrol agents have been told to “stand down” in contravention of federal law;
- The national debt is approaching $20 trillion;
- Approximately 93 million working-age Americans are out of work, despite favorable “unemployment rate” reports;
- Programs defying federal law allowing illegal aliens to remain in the country were announced in 2012 and 2014 in contravention of federal immigration law, the latter of which is pending a decision at the U.S. Supreme Court following Department of Justice attorneys having been exposed as lying to a federal judge about a component of the 2014 program;
- Violence against police officers has risen in a number of U.S. cities already plagued with a high murder rate;
- Guns were knowingly transferred to Mexican criminals with the result that at least one American was killed in addition to several hundred Mexican citizens;
- Journalists have been intimidated, spied upon, had their computers and email accounts breached, their phone records collected without a warrant, and received death threats without consequences for the perpetrators;
- A team of criminal investigators determined beyond the probable cause standard that the long-form birth certificate image posted on the White House website and Obama’s purported Selective Service registration form are “computer-generated forgeries,” with the media, FBI and Congress failing to investigate.
Could it be that Obama is “rattled” by the thought of a Trump presidency in which the FBI, in conjunction with the U.S. Justice Department, conducts a full investigation as to why a forgery was posted on the White House website on April 27, 2011 instead of a scan of a real, paper document, as all legitimate U.S. citizens would have been able to produce?
Given that Trump first raised the issue of the absence of Obama’s “long-form” birth certificate in 2011 when considering a run for the presidency then, could it be that he is the only politician who would undertake such an investigation?
As a private citizen, would Obama be able to claim “executive privilege” if subpoenaed to testify?