If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!

Welcome Back!


by Sharon Rondeau

Thomas J. Boyle, Jr. in Afghanistan

(Apr. 29, 2016) —The Post & Email previously reported in two articles on the death of Thomas J. Boyle, Jr., a civilian contractor killed in Afghanistan’s Kandahar Province on June 19, 2012 while supporting U.S. Army Reserve operations.

Mr. Boyle was employed by MPRI, later called Engility Corporation, a subsidiary of L-3 Communications, as a police advisor with the Army Reserve’s 303rd Military Police unit from Jackson, MI.

Boyle’s widow, Pauline, told The Post & Email that although the Army maintains that her husband died from enemy fire, eyewitnesses have informed her that the cause was “friendly fire,” also known as fratricide in military circles.

For the past four years, Mrs. Boyle has sought to discover the exact circumstances of her husband’s death and why one insurance policy paid her a benefit for “accidental death” but the others have denied the existence of such a policy or declared “war risk” to have been a stated exclusion.

Early in her quest for answers, Mrs. Boyle learned that the four insurance companies involved appeared to know what type of policy each had in place on Mr. Boyle when he was killed.  While Aetna indicated his cause of death as “accidental bodily injury,” Metlife denied having an accidental death policy but told Mrs. Boyle that “they believe AIG does.”  However, when she contacted AIG, its representatives would not confirm having covered her husband with accidental death coverage.

Mrs. Boyle has acquired three death certificates on her husband, each declaring a different cause of death. On June 21, 2012, The Chicago Tribune reported that Mr. Boyle had died as a result of “gunfire” from an unidentified source.

The U.S. Army medical examiner (AFME) told Mrs. Boyle that initially, the photos from her husband’s autopsy “didn’t come out” and questioned why she had expressed a desire to see them at all.  “They put me off for four or five months, but when I did get the photos, clearly, my husband was not killed by any suicide bomb.  I had to go through all that to get to the truth, and it’s pretty awful.  I don’t think anyone should have to go through what I did,” Mrs. Boyle told The Post & Email last month.

Beginning in September of last year, the website Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children began reporting about Tom Boyle’s death in what became a series of five articles.  In the first article, author “Uncle Sam” wrote:

The Army’s first narrative of the events in Kandahar was that “insurgents” detonated a suicide vest. One of the documents listed the first cause of death as “blast injuries” for Mr. Boyle. A later death certificate was amended to say “multiple gunshot wounds,” after Mrs. Boyle obtained the autopsy photos and clearly deduced that no suicide vest was detonated.

For our first article, Mrs. Boyle told The Post & Email that the two U.S. Army Reservists who she believes accidentally shot and killed her husband “moved and staged my husband’s body to cover up their ineptitude, this being sanctioned by command as well.  In doing so they betrayed my husband, as did everyone else involved in the cover-up.”

Mrs. Boyle has referred to the insurance companies her husband entrusted to provide benefits in the event of his death while serving as a contractor overseas, the attorneys involved, the U.S. “justice” system, and the U.S. military as a “coalition of corruption” perpetrating a cover-up of the facts surrounding the killing as well as denying her closure.

In our first interview, Mrs. Boyle described a harrowing incident which she said occurred following her return from her husband’s burial in Wisconsin which gave her pause:

“That uneasy feeling about the circumstances of Tom’s death was crushingly present.  I contacted AFME and requested the autopsy photos. At first they were reluctant to provide me those photos but I insisted and was told it would take months to forward. And it did.  Incidentally, I still believe I was never given all the photos.

“About a week after this I was running errands and noticed a car – the same car behind mine for some time. Once we entered an area of less traffic the same car would race up behind mine – as if the driver wanted to hit the back of my car.  My first instinct was to change lanes, as I thought the driver wanted to pass me.  The car changed lanes with me.  I did this several times, and that car always changed into my lane, all the while accelerating while aggressively riding the rear of my car.  I drove to a residential area I was familiar with, passed an intersection and slammed on my brakes, knowing that the car would either have to crash into mine or turn right into the intersection.  The driver chose the latter.

“I proceeded to the next intersection, which was a short block away, turning right also.  I knew this street would lead directly to the one the other driver turned into; I wanted to get the license plate.  Soon the other car was visible and headed my way. By that time, I had stopped my car and waited. The driver of the other car spotted me, and realizing what happened, he sped up drastically to get past me.  He was driving so fast, all I saw was the laurel wreath emblem and “U.S. Government” at the top of the license plate.  Maybe I was in shock and couldn’t get more of the plate, but I do remember it was a limited amount of letters/numbers.  I just sat there in my car for several minutes trying to put some sense to what had just happened.

“When I returned home I searched on my computer and came to the conclusion the plate was associated with the Department of Justice. And AFME is but one entity that falls under the jurisdiction of the DOJ.”

For this installment of the story, Mrs. Boyle provided details of individuals who have assisted her in discovering what actually happened to her husband, including another “LEP” (Law Enforcement Professional) who lost his life along with two members of the U.S. Army a year after Tom Boyle.

Mrs. Boyle told us:

There was another Engility employee, another LEP, who was killed a few months after Tom.  That’s when I was really gaining some ground regarding my suspicions of fraud, so I contacted a mutual friend of his who was also a contractor.  I said, “I have suspicions something is going on there with the insurance. You know his family, could you please pass my concerns along?”  He believed me right away, and that’s when I told him, “If my suspicions are correct, what this company does is unthinkable.”

He wrote back and asked, “What was one of the unthinkable things?” and I mentioned the car chase where they attempted to run me off the road in broad daylight.

I suspected before I received Tom’s personal effects that things were not right about other issues as well.  So I had it set up that when I obtained his personal computer and belongings from Customs, I would drive the laptop immediately to a computer forensics expert.  I expected it would be wiped, and it was.  So the forensics technician took a mirror image of it and there it remains in storage.

When the deceased contractor’s family got his computer, it was also wiped.  The second contractor clearly said in his emails to me that it was not the Army that wiped the computers. So, if not the military, then who?  The logical answer is the company – Engility – since they obtained possession of the laptops after each contractor death.

Things went back and forth with the contractor and me during which we were feeding each other information for something short of a year.  Then he deployed to Afghanistan in January and things started heating up between us regarding the exchange of information.  People were opening up to me about the truth.  The contractor was asking questions of the insurance companies and not getting accurate and complete answers.  This contractor had a different job than Tom; Tom did more intelligence, and this contractor was more of a security backup for a lieutenant colonel.  They were also doing some computer surveillance but he did not have top-secret clearance.  His immediate supervisor, the Lt. Colonel, did.  Once this contractor emailed me that he had located a video of the deceased contractor being killed.  He said he played it for others – although he didn’t say who – and reportedly this person agreed that the deceased contractor was singled out and intentionally killed.  It wasn’t a random shooting by an insurgent, but rather, much like what I am alluding to about my husband’s death – these were set-up scenarios.

Around that time, I was talking to other intelligence officers.  You would be surprised at the number of people willing to open up to me…maybe they’re just assuaging their conscience.  We were exchanging information; I found out that what happened to many of the contractors was not an isolated incident.  The contractor and I got into the nuts and bolts and in our emails he said, “I feel somebody is killing MPRI employees.”  I wrote back, “I’m glad you said that, because I’ve long suspected and others have alluded that to me,” adding, “I had one intel officer say to me that there was another death after Tom; the reason was not covered up, but the cause was.”  So I wrote to the contractor, “I’m assuming that’s your friend he is referring to. When you told me about the video, it all makes perfect sense.”   This is a setup.

I have emails from this contractor in which he states he was disappointed with MPRI; they were not honoring their contract, not paying vacation; there were overtime issues and lowering their wages in violation of their contract.  He told me that when he got stateside he needed to find a good corporate attorney to sue them.

One morning, he emailed me, asking, “Pauline, what was the exact date of Tom’s death?” and I told him, and he wrote back and said, “I found the report; Tom’s name was taken out; he is referred to only as a civilian killed.  I will secure and send.”

I was waiting to hear from him; I was shocked that he put something like that in an email.  I don’t think they were monitoring us 24/7, but why would he put something in writing like that if there were even a remote chance that he thought they could find out?

I didn’t hear from him for a week.  I was sitting at my computer on a Saturday morning, and suddenly across the screen – before I even touched a button – popped up an account of another blue-on-green shooting in Afghanistan.  The contractor who I was communicating with – the one who found the report on the death of my husband  – was killed just eight days after I received his last email.  And along with him, also shot in the back and killed were a U.S. Army Lt.. Colonel and a Major.

The interesting point I’m trying to make is that the lieutenant colonel would have had top-secret clearance, and the contractor probably went to him with the video of his contractor friend being killed.  I think that he sparked the interest of the lieutenant colonel, who then gave the contractor access to his computer to find the report on Tom, and that is 100% traceable.  So they sealed their doom by doing this.

Now let’s get to the person who did the shooting who killed the last contractor and the two U.S. Army officers.  His name is Hajii Bismullah.  The person who drove the so-called four insurgents onto the base where Tom was killed was named Hajii Bismullah.  As told, Bismullah drove four insurgents onto FOB Provincial Reserve where Tom was killed and then drove away and was seen laughing afterward at a nearby shop once the attack began.

Other LEPs I spoke with said that they were “very disappointed the investigation did not pursue looking for Bismullah after the attack.”  I always questioned why they thought my husband’s life was so insignificant that his killer not be brought to trial.  I traced Bismullah, as did another investigator, and both of us concluded that he was a former terrorist released from Gitmo during the Bush administration.

Bismullah was a driver for Shaesta Khan, an official with the Afghani National Police, and an alleged drug lord, fired at one point in time by the Afghani police.  He became a driver once again, and, I think, was protected once again by the drug lord Shaesta Kahn.  Lo and behold, the name of the person who shot the contractor and two U.S. officers in Patika Province was named Hajii Bismullah.

Bismullah had papers to carry an M-16, which is an American rifle.  These three weren’t shot with an AK; they were shot with an American rifle.  Bismullah was transferred from the same region where Tom was deployed, and his commander was Shaesta Kahn.  Bismullah was transferred from Kandahar to Patika.  Bismullah had papers allowing him to carry and transport the M-16.  Bismullah was killed during the Patika attack and left a notebook behind detailing U.S. government corruption and named those involved.  This information I received from a 15-6, which is the military investigative report, which I obtained.  I have in my possession two separate 15-6’s about this incident – one is the true accounting and the other is the sanitized report.  Bismullah knew he was being sent on a suicide mission. Who Bismullah actually worked for – well, I’ll let the readers decide.

The 15-6 I finally received about Tom’s death clearly was a work of fiction.  These investigators should go into creative writing.  If you’re smart and you know the details, you can see the holes in all of the reports.

In the beginning, I tried to tell someone about my conclusion, but his response was, “Hajii Bismullah is a common name.”  Same name, same location, Bismullah was traveling with papers from the location near where my husband was killed to the base of the contractor who was assisting me. This is not a coincidence. In my opinion, Hajii Bismullah was a double agent when he left Gitmo.  This proves to me that someone in the government is authorizing the killing of our soldiers and contractors.  War is big business.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.