RETIRED NAVY CAPTAIN/FBI AGENT: ANY SENATOR APPROVING IRAN DEAL IS A “TRAITOR TO THE UNITED STATES”
by Capt. Joseph R. John (Ret.), ©2015, Chairman, CombatVeteransForCongress
(Jul. 23, 2015) — In March of this year, as reported in the below listed article by TPM, Sen. Thomas B. Cotton, Cpt-USA (R-AR), an endorsed Combat Veteran For Congress, sent an open letter to the leaders of Iran, cosigned by 47 US Senators, that said a “flawed nuclear arms agreement” would be dangerous to the United States and would be nullified by the U.S. Congress.
Cotton, an Iraq Combat Veteran, objected to the fact that the agreement allows “where necessary, when necessary” inspections of Iran’s nuclear sites rather than “anytime, anywhere” access to those sites, according to TPM.
“This proposed deal is a terrible, dangerous mistake that’s going to pave the path for Iran to get a nuclear weapon while also giving them tens of billions of dollars of sanctions relief, even lifting the arms embargo at a time when they’re destabilizing the entire middle east,” [sic] Cotton said.
The American people stand with Senator Cotton in opposition to this flawed Nuclear Weapons Agreement.
President Reagan famously said in his negotiations with the former Soviet Union, “Trust, but Verify.”
The American people watched Obama negotiate for three years while Iran continued to cheat on every agreement it entered into, and as recently as four days ago they chanted, “Death to America.”
“There is No Trust”
Iran is the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism and has been killing thousands of Americans for 35 years. The flawed nuclear weapons agreement provides for a 24-day notice before anyone can inspect any nuclear development facility in Iran, and it precludes the inspection of any military facilities.
“There is Absolutely No Verification”
The language in the agreement states inspections will be “where necessary, when necessary”——not 24/7 surprise “anywhere, anytime” inspections.
The agreement says nothing about intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), which is a fatal flaw and the most dangerous omission in the agreement. Even if Iran were delayed in building its own nuclear weapons, and they are not, by provisions of the agreement, the International Atomic Energy Administration (IAEA) still needs a 24-hour notice before it can inspect Iran’s nuclear weapons development program. The failure to cover the inspection of the development of Iran’s intercontinental ballistic missile weapons development program will permit Iran to obtain smaller configured nuclear weapons from North Korea to place atop their intercontinental ballistic missiles. There is no way that activity can be inspected or whether it can be determined if Iran has an operational nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missile until it is fired at an adversary.
How the Obama regime could have easily stopped a nuclear-armed Iran: what were the alternatives:
1) Iran is utterly desperate to have sanctions lifted. They want to sell oil, they want to buy arms, including the technology to build intercontinental ballistic missiles that can strike Israel, Europe, and the US. The US should have maintained the sanctions until Iran stopped killing Americans in Afghanistan and agreed to 24/7 surprise anywhere, anytime inspections.
2) Iran wants billions of dollars in frozen assets returned that they will use to fund worldwide terrorism—the US should not release the frozen assets until the four US hostages are released.
3) Iran wants the US to give them $150 billion that they will use to empower Hezbollah and the al-Quds Force by funding their terrorism activities. Under no circumstance should the US give Iran $150 billion with which to fund worldwide terrorism against the US and its allies in the Middle East.
4) The US should threaten to give Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Bahrain, UAE, and Kuwait the option of basing a US nuclear-armed force on their soil which would be able to retaliate with nuclear weapons if the Iranians struck any of the above-listed allies unless there are 24/7 surprise anywhere, anytime inspections.
5) The US should threaten to provide Israel with stealth bombers that they can use to strike Iran if Iran continues to threaten the destruction of Israel.
6) Do not lift the Arms Embargo under any conditions unless Iran allows 24/7 surprise anywhere, anytime inspections of military sites.
What did the US and its allies get in the flawed Nuclear Weapons Agreement?
- Iran did not free four US hostages, although Obama freed Iranian prisoners who threatened the US
- Iran did not say it would stop killing American military personnel in Afghanistan with IEDs
- The US and NATO did not get 24/7 surprise anywhere, anytime inspections as they were told they would get upon entering negotiations
- Iran did not allow inspections of military sites
- Iran did not stop threatening to destroy Israel
- Iran and its leaders did not stop saying “Death to America”
- Iran entered into a secret agreement with the IAEA on inspections that has been kept from the US Senate
The agreement Obama entered into is an international treaty on nuclear weapons development with Iran that should have required a two-thirds approval by the U.S. Senate in accordance with the U.S. Constitution. It is not an agreement that can be approved by an executive order, and the Republican leadership of the U.S. Senate should use every conceivable parliamentary rule to preclude its approval by executive order.
Obama is intentionally arming Iran with nuclear weapons which it can use to attack Israel, US allies in the Middle East, and the United States! He is fueling a nuclear weapons arms race in the Middle East which may lead to World War III.
Any U.S. Senator who votes to approve this very dangerous agreement which threatens the very survival of the Republic should be considered a traitor to the United States and should be removed by impeachment from office.
Joseph R. John, USNA ’62
Capt USN (Ret)/Former FBI
Chairman, Combat Veterans For Congress PAC
2307 Fenton Parkway, Suite 107-184
San Diego, CA 92108
Fax: (619) 220-0109
Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” -Isaiah 6:8
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.