“THIS STARTS…WITH THE FRAUD IN THE WHITE HOUSE”
December 26, 2014
This is in response to a letter by Jordan Diggs of Simi Valley published in the December 19 issue of the Acorn. Mr. Diggs wrote that the recent civil unrest and police shootings have shown him two things:
1.…that there is a “startling amount of racism in our society” and 2. “…that a police badge is a badge to murder at will.”
While I can’t quantify how much racism there is in America I can say unequivocally that racism will never go away when you have race baiters and race hustlers like Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Bill DeBlasio stoking a phony narrative about beleaguered blacks constantly being oppressed and assaulted by white police officers. In fact I would argue that race relations have worsened in the past six years as a consequence of a complicit and irresponsible media, and the demagogues and politicians who are intent on dividing America on racial lines. This starts at the very top with the fraud in the White House whose background is steeped in black liberation theology. But I digress.
As for the inflammatory statement by Mr. Diggs that “…a police badge is a badge to murder at will,” where does one start? This statement is founded in either hate or ignorance because there is absolutely no factual basis for such a cheap shot.
From what I know of the Oscar Grant case, the shooting was a tragic mistake. The officer was exonerated and has expressed profound remorse. What’s race got to do with it? The more recent death of petty criminal Eric Garner resisting arrest is no less a tragedy and can be rightly characterized as excessive police force. After all Mr. Garner died. But to say that there was intent on the part of the white officers to kill Mr. Garner because he was black is absurd and flies in the face of the facts. Mr. Garner was not cooperating with the authorities and was in poor health. The grand jury found that his death was accidental and certainly not intended. I would also point out that the attempted arrest and take-down of Garner was supervised by a black female sergeant. That fact however gets very little coverage in the media because it doesn’t fit the intended narrative. What’s race got to do with it?
Finally, let’s address the Michael Brown incident. Unarmed and murdered? Mr. Brown had just committed a felony; robbing a convenience store just moments before he was shot. Robbery is defined as theft through force and/or intimidation (fear). Moments before the encounter with Brown, Officer Wilson had been on a life-saving call to assist at Ferguson’s Northwinds Apartment Complex for an “emergency involving a 2-year-old child who had trouble breathing.” While attending to the sick child and the mother, Wilson reportedly got a call about the convenience store incident, but instead of responding himself, he reportedly stayed with the family until health care workers arrived at the scene. It was only after they arrived that he responded to the theft call, running into Brown moments later.
While I do not know if the baby was black, it has been reported that 99% of the residents at Northwinds are black. The remaining 1% are predominately mixed race. This fact also gets no mainstream coverage because it also does not fit the narrative.
When Officer Wilson confronted Michael Brown, the forensic evidence and testimony by black witnesses corroborated the story that Brown was the aggressor and attacked Officer Wilson even trying to take his weapon from him. Brown was shot because of his own actions. To say that he was unarmed is a misnomer. If you are going to charge a police officer with the intent to hurt; your body IS the weapon. Officer Wilson was totally justified to use lethal force to protect himself from bodily harm and possible loss of his life. This was not murder Mr. Diggs. This is self-defense by an officer who was doing his job by assisting citizens of all races and protecting the community from perpetrators of all colors. What’s race got to do with it?
It’s time to stop spreading the lies about how the police have it out for the black community. The statistics do not support these lies. Stop the cheap shots. Playing the race card will only further divide us.
Simi Valley, CA
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.