Spread the love


by Sharon Rondeau

Mike Parsons with one of his dogs

(Nov. 12, 2014) — In August, The Post & Email reported on the case of Mike Parsons, a Tipton County, TN resident who has twice been deprived of his liberty by the “justice” system in the state’s 25th Judicial District.

Parsons had run for county executive in 2006 and believed he had the votes to win but was declared the loser.  After filing a lawsuit challenging the reported election results, a man named Barry Laxton arrived at the Parsons’ property and fired more than 30 rifle shots at two of their dogs, one of whom died.

After performing a citizen’s arrest on Laxton, whose shots almost hit his wife and him, Parsons was himself arrested by sheriff’s deputies and charged with “aggravated kidnapping,” “aggravated assault,” burglary and theft.

After CDR Walter Francis Fitzpatrick, III (Ret.) attempted to conduct a citizen’s arrest on the long-serving Monroe County, TN grand jury foreman on April 1, 2010, he was arrested and charged with a number of crimes and convicted of two.  He was jailed six times in Monroe County between 2010 and 2012 for his efforts to expose government corruption, which is institutionalized in the state of Tennessee.

Tennessee code declares a citizen’s arrest legal.

Fitzpatrick is now serving a three-year prison sentence after submitting evidence to the neighboring McMinn County grand jury of judicial corruption which operates to incarcerate those the government wishes to silence and in order to garner state funds, which are paid based on the number of inmates in the county jail.

As The Post & Email has reported, an unknown number of Tennessee citizens have been incarcerated as a result of grand juries which are operating under the influence of the government and which contain grand jury foremen who have served in the position for years or even decades at the pleasure of the local judge who chose him or her through a means not made public.

Like Fitzpatrick, Parsons was told to see a psychiatrist for an “evaluation” after he was arrested.  Parsons was provided with an incorrect address for the practitioner by the court, then cited for failing to keep the appointment.

Parsons was ultimately convicted and served two and one-half years in state prison.  Like Fitzpatrick, Parsons reported a tainted grand jury issuing the indictments against him; a compromised trial jury which contained a relative of his accuser; and a corrupt General Sessions court judge.  In fighting for his freedom, Parsons attempted to expose the criminal behavior of the judges and 25th Judicial District’s District Attorney General.

After his release, Parsons returned to working on his farm with his wife.

In February of this year, Parsons was arrested on the premise that as a convicted felon, he was in possession of firearms, which violates state law.  Parsons related to The Post & Email in his letter that he was specifically asked if he planned to run for county executive again as the “raid” on his farm was carried out by “a small army of unidentified men and a parole officer.”

Parsons was jailed for allegedly violating the terms of his parole, then sent to state prison at the Bledsoe County Correctional Center (BCCX), where Fitzpatrick is currently imprisoned.  BCCX is more than six hours from Parsons’ home in the western part of the state, and after processing, his family expected that he would be moved to a closer facility within 90 days.  Parsons has been awaiting a parole revocation hearing since his arrival at BCCX which has been delayed for undisclosed reasons.

Parsons wrote in the case synopsis below that he is a victim of “railroading and official oppression.”

On or about September 12, Parsons was finally moved to the state prison in Clifton, TN.  He can receive letters at:

Mike Parsons
TCIX-A, Unit 2B
P.O. Box 182
Clifton, TN 38425

A hearing was scheduled for October 10, but on October 7, his wife told us that “When I checked the online schedule today, it did have 10-10-14; however, I sent Mike a printout of the schedule last month that had 10-9-14.”

On October 12, Mrs. Parsons reported:

Well Friday came and went. Mike showed up for his Parole Revocation hearing, but at first they told him that he was not on the list. I guessed they made some calls and he went in first (very unusually…they usually save him for last). Basically here’s the jest of it:

They want Mike to sign a form to waive all his rights!

He will not do that.

Curiously, Parole Officer Johnson was not in attendance. Non of us knows what to make of this???

The short of it is that Mike’s hearing has been yet again continued until next month.

His mother and I have been approved to visit, so I think we will be seeing him soon. Barring any issues on the farm I will go to see him next weekend.

On November 11, Parsons’ wife told us:

Mike is doing better since his move to Clifton. He is working on what they call a line. Basically they go out everyday and walk a couple to a few miles picking up trash along the roadside and at churches. (For someone with claustrophobia, this is good medicine.) It is much more laid back at Clifton, so he is not as stressed and no one has threatened him.  He also gets library time and has access to a typewriter.

Mike did have another revocation hearing on October 17th, that was continued until Thursday, November 13th.  Interestingly, Parole Officer Danny Johnson was not at the October hearing, but that is not why it was continued.  None of us knew quite what to make of the fact that Johnson as not there???

The parole board wants Mike to sign away his rights, and he will not do that.

The first section of Parsons’ recent correspondence to The Post & Email appears below.

The remainder of Parsons’ mailing will be published in a subsequent article.

Join the Conversation

1 Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.