If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!
THE DESECRATION OF AMERICAN TRADITIONS, FAITHS, AND PRINCIPLES
by Col. Bob Pappas, USMC, Retired, ©2013, blogging at Gulf1
(Sep. 21, 2013) — Much discussion is adrift in the written media and broadcast media that Putin outmaneuvered Obama in the recent intervention Syrian debacle…and it is a debacle no matter what face his lapdog media propaganda machine attempts to paint on it. But the use of the word outmaneuvered is being too kind. Has Obama, and thus the United States of America been embarrassed? No, not embarrassed although that is also true, and not outmaneuvered as many in the media suggest. No, Obama has taken a calculated, major step to reduce the United States to where he wanted it from the outset…just another country. Is he embarrassed or feel weakened? In his case, not at all. Anyone who has the temerity to state as Obama did, that “raising the debt ceiling does not increase the debt” and actually believe it is out of touch with reality; but those two facts are complimentary with a third fact, that his primary objective is to cut America down to size.
In a primetime speech justifying U.S. intervention in Syria, it is ironic that Obama said, “That’s what makes America different. That’s what makes us exceptional.” For context and clarity one should recall Obama’s, “…we’ve been arrogant,” “the United States is no longer a Christian nation,” “the United States is one of the largest Muslim nations in the world,” “My Muslim faith… oh, that’s right, my Christian faith.” in response to George Stephanopoulos’ prompting.
In a moment of supreme irony Obama cited “American Exceptionalism” as the moral authority for taking action against Syria. The irony arises from his 2009 comments in response to a reporter’s question on American exceptionalism, “I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism.” In other words Obama’s opinion was that there was nothing any more exceptional about the United States than those defunct empires…and at least during his term in office it is so.
But, then he quickly and duplicitously added, “We have a core set of values that are enshrined in our Constitution, in our body of law, in our democratic practices, in our belief in free speech and equality, that though imperfect, are exceptional…” Even this “amplification” is saturated with irony because his citation of “values enshrined in the Constitution,” is a set of values to which he is fundamentally opposed. The Constitution’s most salient virtue is its limit and restraint on the role of government in American life; opposed to that, Obama wants the pervasive and invasive government, not less; witness “Obamacare” arguably the most personally intrusive, most controlling, the most economically destructive, the most divisive piece of legislation since the Civil War. And if Democrats and the lapdog media succeed in cramming it through just as they did its passage, it will be the formal introduction of Fascism in the United States.
Readers are further reminded:
- Candidate Obama refused to wear any U.S. Symbol and stood with hands folded over his crotch during the playing of the National Anthem, thereafter demanding that he be judged by his character rather than by any symbol (or posture)…that is, until he spoke to the VFW;
- Michelle’s well-known, “for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country…”
- And, her later… “all this for a damn flag;”
- Maligning Christians who “cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them;”
- Obama’s revocation of a rule intended to protect healthcare workers who refuse to participate in medical procedures that violate their consciences;
- His direction that the cross behind him when he spoke at Georgetown University be covered;
- Three pro-abortion candidates he nominated to be U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican…each of whom was rejected;
- Refusal to follow G.W. Bush’s precedent to host National Day of Prayer at the White House;
- His declaration that it was a mistake when he left the words, “the Creator” out of a recitation of that portion of the Declaration of Independence…then substituted other words for “the Creator” in a number of subsequent speeches;
- The Federal Law prescription of, “In God We Trust” being the National motto, not Obama’s version, “E pluribus Unum;”
- His Support of passage of a Federal Law that would obviate conscience protection in hiring practices and whose ultimate effect would be to force religious organizations to hire people whose lifestyles are contrary to Christian Churches’ doctrinal and/or Biblical teachings;
- His Objection to addition of President Roosevelt’s D-Day Prayer to the World War II Memorial;
- His declaration that religious beliefs in the United States and worldwide are obstacles to protecting the rights of sexual perverts;
- And etc…There is another, full page of commonsense and anti-Christian examples but will spare readers.
Measuring his accomplishments, Obama is a dream come true if one is: an atheist given his attacks on Christians and Church Doctrine; a sexual pervert based on his successful efforts to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and Don’t ask, Don’t Tell; or, a Muslim incident to his general embrace of Muslims and the Muslim Brotherhood. But if one is an ordinary hardworking American Christian, Obama is well on his way to the title of Anti-Christ. How any Christian, especially my black Christian brothers and sisters can embrace his agenda, is incomprehensible.