BBC Report: SWAT Team Told to “Stand Down” at Navy Yard Shooting

AFTER ORDER TO “ENGAGE” WAS GIVEN

by Sharon Rondeau

A SWAT team belonging to the U.S. Capitol Police was reportedly told to “stand down” after it arrived on Monday morning to apprehend shooter Aaron Alexis, who shot and killed 12 civilian employees and injured eight

(Sep. 18, 2013) — The BBC is reporting that a tactical response team responded to the shooting at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday but was told to “leave the scene” of the crime.

Thirty-four-year-old Aaron Alexis killed 12 civilians after he opened fire at approximately 8:15 a.m. EDT on September 16.

Anonymous sources within the DC Capitol Police spoke with the BBC, telling them that “they could have saved lives” had they been permitted to participate in the apprehension of Alexis, who was eventually shot dead by authorities.

The Capitol Police’s primary responsibility is to maintain the safety of members of Congress, both inside and outside of Washington, DC.  However, they can be called upon to assist in emergency situations.

A review of the events surrounding the actions of the Capitol Police in response to the shooting has reportedly been ordered.

On September 11, 2012, four Americans were killed in Benghazi, Libya after Islamic militants launched an attack with heavy weapons and set a U.S. compound ablaze.  While Gregory Hicks, the second-in-command at the U.S. consulate in Tripoli, told members of Congress that two “stand-down” orders had been given to stop military rescue teams from traveling to Benghazi to assist the survivors, Lt. Col. Steve Gibson, who Hicks specifically mentioned in his testimony as having been “furious” at the order, contradicted Hicks during closed-door testimony to a congressional committee.

The Obama regime has not responded to questions surrounding the alleged “stand-down” orders, with White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer having told Chris Wallace that it “didn’t matter” what Obama was doing after the news came in of the assault on the compound.  Obama’s hours following the discovery of the attack have never been detailed.

Military veterans and a former ambassador have stated that only “the president” can stop contingency plans which are formulated between the commander-in-chief and his top commanders after he takes office.

According to the BBC report, Alexis knew he would be killed, as one of the guns he used had “better off this way” and other inscriptions written on it.

In a public statement, Obama called Alexis’s shooting rampage “a cowardly act.”

Carrying legally-owned weapons on military bases has not been allowed since 1993.

On November 5, 2009, 13 adults and an unborn child were killed by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, an Islamic extremist who was serving as an Army psychiatrist.  Hasan was sentenced to death last month after a court-martial in July.

After Monday’s shooting, news reports quickly surfaced of Alexis’s history of paranoia, gun-related incidents which were not prosecuted, misconduct while in the Navy and “hearing voices” in his head.  He reportedly believed that he had suffered “because he was black.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.