If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!
“NO MORE CAREERIST POLITICIANS”
by Colonel Bob Pappas, USMC, Retired, ©2013, from Gulf1
(Aug. 15, 2013) — I do not ordinarily call attention to the hypocrisy of the media and politicians because it is self-evident. But the recent outcry by many on the left and some on the right about the rodeo clown who wore an Obama mask screams for comments. If the clown had been wearing a mask of G.W. Bush in exactly the same circumstances, there would be cheers from the left and howls of laughter from the media in general approval. The political left’s arrogance, ignorance, intolerance and general lack of a sense of humor is so obscene that it makes Hillary’s “vast right-wing conspiracy,” or her “willing suspension of disbelief” smell like a bouquet of roses. First, this is the U.S.A., politicians are fair game when it comes to mocking them no matter the color of their skin. Second, there is a little bitty thing called the 1st Amendment that entitles Americans to such mockery! Don’t like it? Go elsewhere!
The fundamental problem with the political left is that it incorrectly assumes whatever it says is valid. Truth, on the other hand, is merely coincidental to the left’s “validity.” So, in its frame of reference, it is perfectly logical and ethical to construct an argument without regard to truth as long as it fits its defined validity of a given scenario. In short, the end justifies the means, no matter what the means may be, and is a mental disorder. Take for example the Obama Administration’s assertion that the military takeover in Egypt “was not a military coup” because it did not want to terminate military assistance that would otherwise be required by law. Or, in recent Congressional Testimony where lying about N.S.A. functions was “not actually lying” but covering to keep secret its functions, even though the entire world except “Rio Linda,” knows that the N.S.A. has been electronically snooping for decades. But there’s a difference between cover stories and lying, cover stories are plausible and contain elements of truth for a righteous purpose. Lying, in particular when it is so obvious that testimony contained major lies, diminishes and harms everyone in this case by damaging the fundamental moral character of the nation; that is, of what’s left.
Hypocrisy is a form of lying and the Democrats are masters of the “art.” I have noted before in these essays that former Senator Bob Kerry (D) Nebraska, and Medal of Honor recipient said of Bill Clinton, “Clinton’s an unusually good liar. Unusually Good….” It is no secret that lying did not begin with Bill Clinton, it began with Satan. But Clinton turned into an art form to the extent that Democrats now lay claim to it as if it is their birthright. The problem is that while lying is the most widely used weapon in the Democrats’ political arsenal, even they understand that it is a two-edged sword. For example, Bill Clinton said in 1995: “The road to tyranny, we must never forget, begins with the destruction of the truth.” Then there was “the pot calling the kettle black” when Clinton said of George H.W. Bush, “There’s just no such thing as truth when it comes to him. He just says whatever sounds good and worries about it after the election.” For the record, there is a distinction between lying and an honest mistake no matter the source… Left or right.
If it weren’t so tragic it would be hilariously funny that before his election Obama stated, “We will have the most transparent Administration in History.” If so, Mr. President, when will it begin? Why meetings with only media supporters present; why the lies about Benghazi; why did the IRS focus primarily on conservative tax exempt groups; why did the N.S.A. release harmful information about certain Republican political candidates; and why did Eric Holder tell the Congress that he knew nothing about “Fast and Furious?” And, etc., etc.
Hypocrisy is the mother’s milk of the Democrat Party and sad to say the Republican Party runs it a close second. It’s time for a conservative takeover of the Republican Party, it’s time to rid it of RINOs and Democrats-lite. I have noted here that about seventy percent of the country is conservative, so why wouldn’t the Republican Party embrace conservatives rather than focus on “out-Democrating” the Democrats? Would it be, that there is a Democrat Trojan running the Republican Party? After all, it did succeed in facilitating major elections for Democrats when the opportunity was wide open for a landslide victory for conservatism. The problem is that Party Republicans, like Democrats, believe that all power resides in Washington, D.C… so, don’t rock the careerist boat.
That last fact alone is reason enough to elect candidates who will embrace among other things the following:
• Limitations on the terms of Senators and Representatives…no more careerist politicians;
• Abolish the IRS and establish a fair taxation system to which everyone contributes;
• No special treatment of Congress or Administration officials, Federal Law applies to everyone, no exceptions and no waivers;
• Federal Law must spell out the extent of the President’s authority in any given legislation and limit Executive Branch discretion and funding;
• Terminate corporate and unreasonable social welfare spending including the “food stamp” program;
• Foster a tax and political climate for business development and expansion;
• Limit “pork barrel” spending;
• Terminate long term unemployment compensation;
• Open federal lands for energy development;
• Repeal all business inhibiting regulations; and,
• Strengthen consumer and investor protection;
• Review and repeal all Executive Orders that usurp Congressional authority and that defacto violate the Constitution;
• No Government bailouts;
• Terminate all except emergency assistance to illegal immigrants following which they would be deported;
• Stop the flow of illegal drugs by legalizing and regulating all drugs;
• Require positive identification of all welfare applicants;
• Require positive identification to vote in all Federal elections;
• Reduce taxes on energy, manufacturing, mining and pharmaceuticals;
• Abolish Property Taxes;
• Terminate the “anchor baby” interpretation of the Constitution through legislation;
• Improve and facilitate legal immigration;
• Deport all illegal immigrants while reserving the right for them to volunteer for military service upon successful completion of which and spanning at least four years plus any specialized training, those volunteers would be awarded citizenship;
• Provide no funding for the Affordable Care Act;
• Depoliticize the Federal Bureaucracy;
• Restrict Federal Employees except Military, CIA and FBI from voting in Federal Elections;
• Abolish Federal Government Unions;
• Strengthen National Defense;
• Enervate both civilian and government Space Programs;
• Remove all restrictions against the universal free exercise of one’s religious beliefs that do not impose (as distinct from expose) those beliefs on/to others;
• Exercise Senate oversight and confirmation of all Special Assistants (Czars) to the President; and,
• Terminate all judicial appointments for good behavior through legislation.
Although the list is incomplete and debatable, it would be worth the debate and the effort to get most items done. We can do it…yes, we can! How about a multi-million “flash march” on D.C.?