BUT NO “STAND-DOWN” ORDER WAS GIVEN?
by Sharon Rondeau
(Jul. 27, 2013) — Middle Eastern expert and former Muslim Brotherhood member Walid Shoebat reported on Saturday that a survivor of the terrorist attack at the U.S. compound in Benghazi on September 11 last year sustained a grievous leg injury and waited 20 hours for help to arrive.
Diplomatic Security Agent David Ubben has related his story to Fox News and is still recovering from his injuries at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
On July 18, Rep. Frank Wolf stated on the House floor that survivors and eyewitnesses of the Benghazi attack were “coerced” into signing non-disclosure agreements, which might explain why none of them has provided testimony to members of either chamber of Congress about their experiences.
The first person to testify about the attack was Gregory Hicks, former charge d’affaires in Libya after Amb. Christopher Stevens was declared deceased. Stevens was one of four Americans killed that night, and the number of survivors and injured has not been disclosed by the Obama regime.
On May 8, Hicks told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that two “stand-down” orders were given to prevent emergency response teams from traveling to Benghazi to assist the wounded. However, on June 26, Lt. Col. Steve Gibson, who Hicks had identified as the leader of one of the teams ready to go, reportedly denied that such an order was given, claiming that he was told to remain in Tripoli because one of his team members had medical training which would be useful in treating those evacuated from the smoldering Benghazi compound.
If Shoebat’s report is accurate, it would appear that medical help was needed by at least one gravely-injured Benghazi survivor who was not rescued immediately and brought to Tripoli.
Gen. Carter Ham, who the military has clarified is now officially retired but was serving as AFRICOM commander at the time, has made conflicting statements about any decisions he made after learning of the attack on the compound.
Shoebat has also reported that Egypt’s government, led by now-deposed Mohamed Morsi, was involved in the planning of the attack. Some retired military officers have stated that they believe the underlying intent of the attack was to allow for the kidnapping of Stevens and his eventual exchange for the Blind Sheikh, who Morsi had wanted released from a U.S. prison, where he is serving a lengthy sentence for participating in the World Trade Center bombing of 1993.
Many military retirees, including the group Special Operations Speaks (SOS), have demanded that Congress appoint a select committee with a special prosecutor to investigate why military assistance was not dispatched immediately to Benghazi on September 11.
Part of Ubben’s story was aired last week by Fox News Channel, including his heroic efforts to recover Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith and Amb. Stevens from the blazing compound. Ubben also tried to stave off the terrorists from the roof of the compound with Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, who were killed by mortar shells in a second wave of attacks.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz told Fox that the Obama regime, in particular, the State Department, has prevented him and others from visiting Ubben to interview him.
The only military response to the deadly attacks was a drone which flew overhead taking video which was transmitted to Washington, DC in real time.
Obama has not said where he was as the attack unfolded. While he claimed he issued “three directives” to secure American personnel in the region, then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey testified that Obama had remanded all decision-making to them as he prepared to travel to Las Vegas for a fundraiser the following day.
Many have named Obama in the commission of treason against the United States of America for various reasons, including his lack of response to the Benghazi attack. Others have said that he provided “false and misleading information” following the destruction of the compound. Some have described his inaction as “dereliction of duty.”
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.