If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!
PRESSURE GROWS TO LAUNCH PROBE INTO TERRORIST ATTACK COVERED UP BY OBAMA REGIME
by Sharon Rondeau
(Jul. 25, 2013) — Col. Richard F. Brauer Jr., USAF (Ret.), co-founder of the political action committee Special Operations Speaks (SOS), will appear on Fox News’s “America’s Newsroom” at 9:35 a.m. on Thursday to discuss the 60-foot banner which was unfurled in front of the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday calling for a select committee with a special prosecutor to be appointed by Congress to investigate the attack in Benghazi, Libya which killed four Americans on September 11 last year.
More than 1,000 veterans of military Special Operations units signed the scroll, which called for “ending the Benghazi cover-up.” Reps. Louis Gohmert, Steve Stockman and Paul Broun spoke at the rally, as did former Rep. Allen West and Center for Security Policy founder Frank Gaffney.
Last week, Stockman announced his intention to introduce a “discharge petition” which would force a vote in the House on the appointment of a select committee.
The scroll invokes the “high crimes and misdemeanors” clause from Article II, Section 4 the U.S. Constitution associated with charges of treason against the chief executive, who is also commander-in-chief of the U.S. military.
SOS has a petition on its website for members of the public to sign to demand a congressional investigation, which has been stalled in the House of Representatives.
The Obama regime has not been forthcoming about its response to the terrorist attack which killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in a terrorist attack to which the U.S. military did not respond and directly after which Obama flew to Las Vegas to conduct a scheduled fundraiser.
Retired military officers have told The Post & Email and other media that contingency plans are always in place for emergencies such as an attack on a consulate or ambassador, who is the U.S. president’s representative in foreign countries. At least two “stand-down” orders were reportedly issued which prevented emergency response teams from mobilizing that night, although a drone flew overhead, taking video which was streamed to officials in Washington, DC in real time.
Obama stated that he issued “three directives” after he was informed of the attack, while former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta stated that Obama left the decision-making up to Gen. Martin Dempsey and him and Obama was not heard from again after a 5:00 p.m. meeting that evening.
Some, including SOS co-founder Capt. Larry Bailey, USN (Ret.), have theorized that the attack on the Benghazi compound was a botched kidnapping attempt of Amb. Christopher Stevens, who was to be exchanged for Omar Abdul-Rahman, who former Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi had wanted released from prison. Rahman has been incarcerated in a U.S. federal prison since 1998 for his role in planning the bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993.
Growing evidence from Middle Eastern expert Walid Shoebat appears to indicate that Morsi may have played a part in the attack. Morsi was deposed on July 3 and had been supported by the Obama regime.
Update, July 25, 2013: Col. Brauer told Bill Hemmer of Fox News that the scroll was “a reflection” of a letter sent to the House of Representatives on April 8 asking for “the truth” about what occurred in Benghazi. When Hemmer asked, “What do you believe is being hidden?” to which Brauer responded that the words “Stand down” will “live in infamy” and made a reference to “a real commander-in-chief,” presumably FDR, who said that the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 was a day that would “live in infamy.”
Brauer said that members of the military would have been “champing at the bit” for an order to go to Benghazi to assist the night of the attack.
Brauer he hopes that a select committee “with subpoena power” and the “requisite clearances” could discover who issued the “stand-down” order. He said that it would have been either Obama or then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.
Hemmer referenced the remarks made by Gen. Carter Ham (Ret.) last weekend at a security forum which appeared to show that he agreed with the decision not to send military reinforcements after the attack. Brauer said that he had “inside information” indicating that military reinforcements could have arrived in Benghazi to make a difference and possibly save the lives of the two former Navy SEALS, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, who were killed by mortar shells on the roof of the outpost.
Ham has reportedly made contradictory statements about the Benghazi attack as related by CNN and TIME.
A video of Tuesday’s event at the Capitol can be viewed here.