Former AFRICOM Commander Suggests September 11 Benghazi Kidnapping Plot

ARE WE GETTING CLOSER TO THE TRUTH?

by Sharon Rondeau

Gen. Carter Ham has testified twice to congressional panels about the events of September 11, 2012 in Benghazi, Libya, during which four Americans died. However, his statements could be construed as contradictory, and his recent revelation that he suspected that Amb. Christopher Stevens might have been “kidnapped” has not been mentioned before.

(Jul. 21, 2013) — CNN has reported that Gen. Carter Ham, who was formerly Commander of AFRICOM, addressed a recent gathering in Colorado during which he stated that he knew that the September 11 Benghazi attack was the result of terrorism “pretty quickly” after it occurred.

The Obama regime initially had attempted to portray the attack, which killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya, as a “spontaneous demonstration” against an obscure internet video created by a man with reported multiple aliases and a criminal record.

On Thursday, Rep. Frank Wolf stated on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives that survivors of the attack, who have not been made available to congressional investigators or members of the press, were forced to sign non-disclosure agreements about what they witnessed that night.

Other witnesses such as U.S. charge d’affaires Gregory Hicks and Lt. Col. Steve Gibson have provided conflicting statements on whether or not a “stand-down” order was issued through the U.S. military’s chain of command, which begins with the White House, to stop contingency plans from being carried out in the aftermath of the attack.

In recent weeks, reports by Middle Eastern expert Walid Shoebat have stated that former President of Egypt Mohamed Morsi was involved in the attack on the U.S. outpost in Benghazi.  Morsi was deposed on July 3, 2013, after popular uprisings against his increasingly dictatorial rule sparked unrest mirroring those of the “Arab Spring” which had deposed his predecessor, Hosni Mubarak.

Barack Obama had supported Mubarak’s ouster but not Morsi’s.

Retired members of the U.S. military have told The Post & Email that Gen. Ham was issued a “stand-down” order on the evening of September 11 after knowledge of the attack was disseminated via a military instant-messaging system, but that Ham refused to obey the order and was subsequently relieved of his command by his second-in-command, Gen. David Rodriguez.

The Washington Times and various bloggers reported the same information.

On October 18, then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced that Obama had nominated Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Ham as commander of AFRICOM, which officially occurred as of April 5.  The replacement of Ham as AFRICOM commander was not explained other than Panetta saying, “General Ham has really brought AFRICOM into a very pivotal role in that challenging region.  I and the nation are deeply grateful for his outstanding service.”  

Whether or not Ham is retired, as some outlets have reported, remains an open question.

TIME Magazine reported in March that Ham had testified to a Senate panel that “If I could turn the clock back, I would make different decisions based on what I know now, as opposed to what I knew then.”

However, Ham reportedly told the Colorado group that “although he had authority to scramble a jet to the scene, he decided there was ‘not necessity and there was not a clear purpose in doing so.'”  But other reports say that Ham was not asked to provide assistance.

CNN reported that in his address to the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado, Ham revealed that he “knew Ambassador Chris Stevens was missing and believed he could have possibly been kidnapped.”

Other retired military officers have also suggested that a failed kidnapping plot was at the core of the Benghazi attack.  Capt. Larry Bailey of Special Operations Speaks told The Post & Email last week that he suspected that Stevens was to be kidnapped and held in exchange for the Blind Sheikh, who Morsi had publicly stated he wanted released from a U.S. prison, where he has been since 1998 after his conviction in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

Adm. Ace Lyons, former commander of the Pacific Fleet with 36 years of Naval service, also believes that a kidnapping was planned against Stevens.

3 Responses to "Former AFRICOM Commander Suggests September 11 Benghazi Kidnapping Plot"

  1. OPOVV   Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM

    Making a deal with the Devil? Not recommended in most circles.
    The “stand down” order was supposedly given to allow the “kidnapping” to proceed without outside interference, but apparently someone forgot to inform Ambassador Stevens of The Plan, which we’ll, henceforth, call “Plan 9” for all of you aficionados of bad flicks from Tinseltown.
    Let’s say that the blind guy (1994 World Trade Center bomber mastermind) was to be traded, or additional weapons was to be given to Al-Qaeda (Syrian “Freedom Fighters”, aka Muslim Brotherhood), and so, as Hillary said, “What difference does it make?”
    Four dead is the difference, all because of the de facto in the White House, along with Valerie Jarrett and their Muslim Brotherhood house guests.
    Four dead who, really now, expected the cavalry to arrive and save them, at least if we’re to believe Ambassador’s Steven’s calls for help, and I do believe that he called for help, but his pleas fell on ears that were deaf BY DESIGN.

  2. Loggia   Monday, July 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM

    Interesting also that the blog named cryptically “Lame Cherry” mentioned this almost immediately after the Benghazi incident and predicted it would finally come out.

  3. Chamberjac   Monday, July 22, 2013 at 3:13 AM

    Oh Where is Gen Carter Hamm Now. We need him to come forward and tell the truth. America needs to know.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.