If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my free Email alerts. Thanks for visiting!
THREE STATE DEPARTMENT WITNESSES READY TO TESTIFY ON WEDNESDAY
by Sharon Rondeau
(May 7, 2013) — In light of what has been described as “a cover-up” by the State Department and Barack Obama, former Arkansas Gov. and Fox News host Mike Huckabee is predicting that Obama will not “finish out his second term.”
Huckabee contended that the events in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012 were worse than the discovery of the Watergate scandal in 1973 “because four Americans did in fact die.”
After a U.S. compound came under fire that evening from Islamic terrorists, Amb. Christopher Stevens, information officer Sean Smith, and former Navy SEALS Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were killed.
No U.S. troops or aircraft intervened in an attempt to rescue those caught in the terrorist attack nor to stop it. In late October, it was reported that a “stand-down” order had been given which prevented a military response. In February, former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey testified to members of Congress that there was not enough time to deploy a response team.
Panetta specifically stated that sending a rescue team cannot be arranged within “two minutes.”
Obama, United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told the public that the attack was prompted by an anti-Islamic video following a protest on the same day at the U.S. embassy in Cairo where militants tore down the American flag and hoisted a radical Islamic one in its place. Some in the U.S. media first reported the attack in Benghazi as a “protest” which caused a fire at the American compound prior to the announcement that four Americans had been killed and the compound destroyed.
At least one Democrat has admitted that the “talking points” Rice used on five Sunday talk shows on September 16 were “false.”
Sen. Lindsey Graham stated on Tuesday that in testimony scheduled for Wednesday, “
Clinton’s January 23 testimony to two congressional committees has been refuted by a House Republican report which contends that she lied under oath about the State Department’s knowledge of the security risks, denial of adequate security for U.S. personnel, and the department’s response to the Benghazi attack.
Survivors of the terrorist attack have not spoken to the press, although Rep. Jason Chaffetz stated that they were taken to Tripoli rather than Germany to recover.
Terrorists attacking the building reportedly used assault rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, diesel fuel, and mortars to besiege the Americans working inside and those at a CIA annex approximately a mile away in a second assault.
Gregory Hicks, the former deputy chief of the U.S. mission in Tripoli, Libya, will reportedly testify on Wednesday that “four U.S. Special Operations soldiers were not permitted to travel to Benghazi on a Libyan plane” the day following the attack. Hicks has stated in pre-released testimony that he was aware that the Benghazi compound was under attack from the beginning, contradicting the Obama regime’s original statements that a protest gone awry was the cause of the murders and destruction.
Three State Department whistleblowers are scheduled to testify at a hearing with the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Wednesday, which will be broadcast live beginning at 11:30 a.m. The hearing has been entitled “Benghazi: Exposing Failure and Recognizing Courage.”
Some State Department employees deny the whistleblowers’ claims that the department’s counterterrorism bureau was not involved in addressing the causes of the attack.
Rep. Darrell Issa, Chairman of the committee, said last month that hearings would take place in May “to examine evidence that Obama Administration officials have attempted to suppress information about errors and reckless misjudgments.” Issa has accused the regime of “lying to the American people” about the cause of the Benghazi attack.
The whistleblowers scheduled to speak on Wednesday reported through attorneys they have retained that they were intimidated by the Obama regime in an attempt to prevent their testifying.
In January, the former commander of the U.S. Special Forces Command Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin suggested that the United States was “funneling guns to the rebel forces in Syria, using essentially the Turks to facilitate that” through the person of Amb. Christopher Stevens. A Middle East analyst interviewed by The Post & Email last fall agreed.
Center for Security Policy President and Founder Frank Gaffney had reported in October that Stevens had been “designated the liaison to the ‘opposition’ in Libya,” referring to rebels attempting to remove Syrian dictator Bashir Assad from power, something the Obama regime has publicly supported.
On Monday, Obama stated that the U.S. is “now providing non-lethal assistance to the opposition, and that’s why we’re going to continue to do the work that we need to do.” Both Democrats and Republicans in Congress have expressed support for supplying the rebels with armaments, particularly since Israel launched two airstrikes in Damascus, Syria over the weekend to halt the movement of missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon.
It is unclear whether the rebels of Syrian government forces used chemical weapons in Syria last week.
Huckabee stated that in regard to the cause of the violent attack in Benghazi, “The highest levels of people in the United States government all the way up to the president knew that what they did tell us was not true.”