HOW BIG IS THE COVER-UP?
by Sharon Rondeau
(Apr. 25, 2013) — Reporting by Glenn Beck and his employees beginning last week states that a Saudi man named a “person of interest” soon after the Boston Marathon bombings and that the man was subsequently placed on a “watch list.”
Scott Baker of The Blaze as well as Beck reported that “an event file” was created on Tuesday, April 16, at approximately 4:00 p.m. indicating that the man was “armed and dangerous” and was designated for deportation on April 23, 2013.
Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano admitted to a congressional committee that the man had been placed on a watch list but that she “did not know” whether or not he had been deported.
The Gateway Pundit reported on April 24 that a man with the same name, Abdul Rahman Alharbi, had visited the White House on several occasions since 2009. Al-Harbi is reportedly 20 years old.
Michelle Obama is said to have visited the Saudi man in the hospital last Thursday after his name was placed on the terror watch list last Tuesday. Beck reported that the business card of a White House employee, Robert Schmuck, is present among the photos of the man in his hospital room with various male visitors and with Michelle Obama. Beck noted that Obama is wearing the same dress in which Michelle appeared in photos of visits with other people hospitalized as a result of the Boston Marathon bombings.
In all of the photos, the Saudi man is seen smiling widely sporting a red knit cap bearing “Harvard” on it.
Beck has reported that a “cover-up” is ongoing by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and agents at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency (ICE), which reports to DHS. He stated that at 5:35 p.m. last Wednesday, April 17, someone electronically accessed Al-Harbi’s visa record and expunged the notation of “212 3B,” which indicated that he was a national security threat.
After urging his radio listeners to call their congressmen and U.S. senators on Tuesday, Beck received reports that some congressmen who were contacted believe his reports to be a “conspiracy theory,” while others had the matter “on their radar.” Beck has called the Saudi man “the third suspect” in the Boston terror attack which killed three and seriously injured hundreds of people, 17 of whom required amputations, including the seven-year-old sister of the boy who died.
Last week, the mother and father of the two named suspects in the bombings told the media that their sons had been “set up” as the perpetrators by the FBI. However, Fox News reported on Thursday that the elder brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, sent the mother a text message in 2011 stating that he was “willing to die” for his belief in Islam. The mother said that the FBI had tracked both of her sons “for years.”
The younger brother, Dzhokar, was captured and hospitalized on Friday and has been answering questions of the FBI, which was apparently taken by surprise when a judge read him his Miranda rights on Monday. Between Friday and Monday, the FBI had been questioning Dzhokar under the “public safety exception” which waived the reading of Miranda rights because of a national safety exigency.
On Wednesday, The Post & Email contacted DHS to obtain a statement on the allegations made by Beck regarding the Saudi national:
Radio and television show host Glenn Beck has been reporting since last week about a Saudi man originally indicated to be a “person of interest” and a “suspect” by various media outlets who Beck alleges was given special permission to enter the country without proper vetting: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/24/armed-and-dangerous-becks-latest-revelations-on-saudi-national-once-considered-person-of-interest-in-boston-bombings/
In his post dated April 24, 2013, Beck alleges that Janet Napolitano has committed perjury by lying about the status of this man. Beck alleges that his file says he is “armed and dangerous,” that he was designated to be deported on April 23, but that someone went into his file electronically and altered it to remove the designation.
May I obtain a comment from you on this matter?
Thank you very much.
Sharon Rondeau, Editor
The Post & Email
P.O. Box 195
Stafford Springs, CT 06076
and have received no response.
At approximately 2:10 p.m. EDT, in an interview with Andrew McCarthy, Fox News’s Megyn Kelly reported that the two suspects, one of whom was killed in a police shootout early Friday morning, were planning similar attacks on New York City following the Boston Marathon. McCarthy said that the 48-hour questioning of Dzhokar which had taken place prior to the appearance of the magistrate on Monday morning and the reading of the suspect’s Miranda rights would not have been “nearly enough” for the FBI to have gleaned the information it sought.
The Post & Email also contacted the Public Affairs Office of the Boston office of the FBI to ask three questions. The first was regarding whether or not the spokesperson could comment on the reading of Miranda rights to Dzokhar Tsarnaev on Monday morning, to which she asked us to wait for a moment so that she could check with someone. After about 20 seconds, she returned to say that the FBI could offer no specific comment on the matter.
We then asked if to her knowledge, Tamerlan Tsarnaev was taken into custody in the overnight hours of Thursday to Friday, mentioning that certain internet articles indicated that he was asked to remove his clothing and get into a police car while handcuffed. The spokesperson could offer no comment on that.
Regarding Megyn Kelly’s report that the two brothers had planned an additional attack on Times Square in New York City, the spokesperson said that the FBI is “aware” of such news reports but cannot comment on them. She referred us to the criminal complaint posted at FBI.gov and suggested that we sign up for news alerts and the FBI’s Twitter feed.
The criminal complaint charges Tsarnaev with using a weapon of mass destruction (IED) “against persons and property within the United States resulting in death and with one count of malicious destruction of property by means of an explosive device resulting in death.”
On Thursday, The Post & Email again spoke with Keith Davies, who operates a foundation for former PLO terrorist Walid Shoebat, who reports extensively on Middle Eastern culture, terror and news. Davies stated that he and Shoebat have been following Beck’s reports on the Saudi national and that “there is a cover-up going on.” He reiterated his comments of last Thursday to say that Saudi Arabia “is an enemy of the United States” and that members of Congress have sold out to the kingdom because of “corruption and oil.” He did not know whether or not the Saudi man has been deported.
“Rupert Murdoch has big interests in Saudi Arabia,” Davies told us, and that Prince Alwaleed bin Talal owns “10% of Fox News.” Three years ago, his ownership was reported as 7% of News Corp, the parent company of Fox News, which reportedly made him the fourth-largest stock owner at the time.
Shoebat reported Thursday that NewsCorp has invested in a Saudi media company, Rotana, owned by bin Talal, which promotes radical Islam.
Shoebat reports that presently, bin Talal is the “second largest shareholder in Newscorp” and appears to have considerable influence on the information Fox provides to the public.
Shoebat, now a Christian and author, has been interviewed by Beck.
When the Saudi national’s apartment in Revere, MA was searched overnight from April 15 to April 16, the roommate told authorities that a third roommate had gone to New York for the day.
Tsarnaev was reported to be in fair condition on Wednesday.
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.