HOW GOOD AN ACTOR IS OBAMA?
by Nick Chagouris
(Jan. 31, 2011) — This past week it was Ronald Reagan. This could be seen coming from a mile away. It really doesn’t take a Nostradamus to predict these things in our putative president’s behaviors. This was obvious after watching Obama’s preview video of his coming BHO-SOTU address where he posted a ‘trailer’ on his web site. And even the hardest of hearing heard about Obama reading Reagan on his Christmas vacation flight to Hawai’i. No one should be surprised, despite the juxtaposition.
Everyone from the HuffPo to Breitbart found this topic irresistible. But of all the many Reagan/Obama media mentions, Mark Rudd’s warning words, “feint right, turn left,” are the most ominous, and to this writer’s mind, accurate.
And so last week, we witnessed a feeding frenzy from the media and the blogosphere, discussing the change in Mr. Obama’s attitude and rhetoric. Some made for juicy, thought-provoking reading. Others were spin. The Big Three Alphabet Media agreed, Obama was “Reaganesque”. The problem for Mr. Obama is that we are now on to his character, if not yet his legal identity. Chameleonesque is a better description for this faux president. Therefore, this Reagan thing won’t work for him.
Do you wonder which historical, great leader Obama and his handlers might choose next for him to impersonate?
Let us reflect upon some of the absurd, failed comparisons from the lost and wandering left-bent hopefuls in search of their Champion, their voice, and their identity over the first two years of this unprecedented putative presidency:
- During his campaign, (the pre-election one) Obama was to become the next John F. Kennedy. In the early afterglow days of the Democrats’ victory, People, Time, and Newsweek Magazines, did their best to project that Jack & Jackie Camelot fantasy on to the Barry and Michelle blank screen to entice (propagandize) the population (sheep) to fall in love with this most exceptionally beautiful, and brilliant, ruling couple. (Must have been Jackie’s and Michelle’s remarkably similar tastes in clothing?)
- He has been the incarnation of Abe Lincoln (They are both tall and lanky.)
- He has been called “Jeffersonian”. (Aside from sharing the same brand of Teleprompter, we’re at a loss.)
- Michelle Obama compared to Marie Antoinette. Like Marie, Michelle mysteriously gave up her license to practice law, or was disbarred. (same with hubby)
- Obama, the next Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (Probably because of the Beer Summit, combined with the work Obama’s DOJ has done, absolving the New Black Panther Party of that bogus voter intimidation case.)
- Gandhi: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize for his excellence in reading other people’s utopian words from a teleprompter. (One year later, we are in awe over the Global Peace this man has single-handedly created, particularly in the Middle East.) (Obama Bonus Link)
- Here, Obama is FDR
- And of course, everyone’s favorite, Obama as Christ.
Why does the characterization of Obama’s persona, and therefore his purpose and direction, as described by his adoring media advocates, change so frequently? This is truly unprecedented. Has any former national leader been likened to so many former great figures in world history? Will the list continue to increase? Why would anyone imagine the trend to end here? Why isn’t the media asking why this fake president cannot seem to stand upon his own identity?
From The Audacity of Hope, credited to author Barack Hussein Obama, he prophetically writes:
I am new enough on the national political scene that I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views. As such, I am bound to disappoint some, if not all, of them.” (p. 11, 134, 355-61)
Ahh, the mystique. And quite a prophetic statement, Mr. Obama. Indeed, you have gone far beyond disappointment, but you are no longer “new enough.” In two short years, this has gotten really old.
Many would love to see you etch a sketch of your best 1974 Richard Nixon.
Nick Chagouris is a small business owner and the father of three beloved children to whom he has bequeathed natural born citizenship status under the U.S. Constitution. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
Sharon Rondeau has operated The Post & Email since April 2010, focusing on the Obama birth certificate investigation and other government corruption news. She has reported prolifically on constitutional violations within Tennessee’s prison and judicial systems.