WITNESS GOES ON THE RECORD BUT UNDER COVER
by Sharon Rondeau
(Apr. 29, 2013) — At 6:00 p.m. EDT, Bret Baier of Fox News introduced a segment in which journalist Adam Housley interviewed a witness about the events occurring in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012, during which the U.S. ambassador, two former Navy SEALS and a State Department information officer were killed in a terrorist attack.
Baier reported on alleged “threats against Benghazi witnesses” on the part of members of the Obama regime.
Housley stated that several witnesses were intimidated and would not agree to go “on camera.” The witness who did asked not to be identified and was therefore presented in shadow with his voice disguised. The man described being part of a military contingent which he claimed could have been called upon to render assistance to the U.S. outpost after it came under attack. He stated that others have refrained from giving their eyewitness testimony because they would be “decapitated” if they spoke out.
The witness said that those involved in the Benghazi attack sensed “a betrayal” which went “all the way to the top.”
On January 23, 2013, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified to two congressional committees during which she likened the events in Benghazi to the Iranian hostage crisis of 1979 and ultimately asked her inquisitors, “What difference does it make?” as to the cause of the loss of life and destruction of the building.
The Obama regime had insisted for weeks following the attack that Muslims had launched a “protest” resulting from an anti-Islamic video, a contention that was proven false by the U.S. intelligence community.
On April 17, Secretary of State John Kerry testified to the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Benghazi, where he described the United States as “the guardian of global security.” Kerry promised to “work with” members of Congress to obtain documents after Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, complained to Kerry that attorneys representing members of the State Department had not been able to receive the necessary security clearances to review classified information on behalf of their clients, who plan to testify before Congress on Benghazi. Fox News reports that the employee who retained the attorney and several others have “been threatened by unnamed Obama administration officials.”
Kerry has ordered a second investigation of the attack following an initial report issued by an Accountability Review Board appointed by Clinton which stated that “Systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels within two bureaus of the State Department (the “Department”) resulted in a Special Mission security posture that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place.”
Clinton had said that she “took responsibility” for the security failure in Benghazi, but her Accountability Review Board did not name her specifically. Some House Republicans have said that Clinton had carried out “a cover-up” of the incident.
Five committees within the House of Representatives performed their own investigation and found that Clinton had “approved lax security measures” in Benghazi with the knowledge that the compound was vulnerable to attack. The report compiled by House Republicans also identifies the White House as having “lied” about the cause of the fire and grenade attacks which killed the Americans and injured a possible 30 others.
Fox had reported on October 26 that a “stand-down order” had been issued to stop any contingency or rescue plans which might have been launched. It has been reported to The Post & Email that the only person who could have stopped contingency plans already in place to mount a rescue and recovery mission in any overseas emergency would have been the commander-in-chief.
While Kerry promised to assist with obtaining documents for Congress, he also said he did not “want to spend the next year coming up here talking about Benghazi.”
An organization of more than 700 former Special Operations members has been pressuring Congress to launch an independent investigation into the circumstances surrounding the lack of response to the emergency in Benghazi on September 11 to arrive at the truth.
Glenn Beck has stated that the Obama regime is perpetrating a cover-up in regard to a Saudi man labeled a national security threat following the Boston Marathon bombings,
Over the past four years, various news sources have reported that Obama operatives have issued threats against those attempting to expose Obama’s now-proven fraudulent documentation, life story, and questionable constitutional eligibility to serve as president. Obama sychophants have issued graphic death threats to major talk show hosts and other journalists, including this writer, as reported by Cold Case Posse lead investigator Michael Zullo during a press conference last year.
Veteran reporter Bob Woodward had related being “threatened” in late February of this year after he reported that the sequestration cuts which at the time were scheduled to take effect on March 1 were “Obama’s idea.” Woodward later backtracked and said that he had not felt threatened by comments made by Gene Sperling, an Obama economic adviser. However, after Woodward came forward, journalists from other established firms related similar stories.
On Monday, a spokesman for the State Department said that the Accountability Review Board’s investigation has been “transparent.” Obama promises “an unprecedented level of openness” to ensure “accountability” to “citizens” as he continues to hide behind a fraudulent birth certificate, Selective Service registration card, and likely stolen Social Security number about which Congress has taken no action.
Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this story erroneously stated that William LaJeunesse was the reporter who interviewed the under-cover Benghazi witness rather than Adam Housley.