CAN AMERICA BE RETURNED TO BEING A “MORAL” NATION?
by JB Williams, ©2011
(Jul. 10, 2011) — Passing blame for our nation’s horrendous condition seems to have replaced baseball as the new national pastime. Yet, in any free society in which the people are the government, the buck stops with the people. Before the people can claim personal responsibility for turning this country around, they must accept personal responsibility for the current condition of our nation.
There are two kinds of participants, the active participant and the passive participant, those making it happen and those unwilling to stop it, thereby allowing it to happen. The active participants are the enemy we can all see. They are a minority…
The passive participant is everyone else, and they make up the majority of American citizens, whether or not they care to admit it. In the words of my dear friend Barbara Ketay, “Never waste your breath or anyone else’s time complaining about something you are not willing to confront!”
The True Cost of Tolerating the Intolerable
Your silence is your consent. Every time you allow evil to stand, evil gains ground and strength. Every time good people do nothing, evil prevails. Tolerating evil in any form at any level only brings about more evil. As a result, the true cost of tolerating the intolerable is a totally intolerable society, from which you can never draft good government.
We All Make Mistakes
Nobody’s perfect, we all make mistakes. But some mistakes are so costly that we cannot afford to make them more than once. Tolerating the intolerable is a very costly mistake and every day that passes without righting this error compounds the problem.
Running from personal responsibility is also a very costly mistake. If we are not responsible for our current condition through our apathy and silence, then we do not have the power to change the future.
Before we can proclaim responsibility for the future, we must accept responsibility for the past and present. That’s the bad news… The good news is every day the sun rises for a new day and we have a new opportunity to change our own behaviors, alter our own decisions and direction and ultimately, our own destiny, individually and as a nation.
We don’t have time for a twelve step program if the United States is to be saved at this late date. We need a one-step program for turning our nation around and fortunately, a one-step option is available. We are ONE decision away from turning things around here. One right move in the right direction can still save the day. But each of us must make that move together!
A Corrupt and Self-Centered Society
Our political talent is corrupt because that talent was drawn from a poisoned talent pool, our society, us.
We do at all times have a government of, by and for the people. Sadly, it is of, by and for corrupt self-centered people focused only upon their own personal agendas. We cannot turn over the table of political corruption by taking a seat at the table of corruption and dealing ourselves into the game. We must change the game, but we must be fit to change the game.
Changing players in the game does not change the game. Take all eleven players off the field and put eleven new players on the field and you still have football. We need a game changer here and only the American citizens can provide that kind of serious change.
Moral and ethical people don’t need laws to keep them in line, which is why our nation’s founders told us repeatedly that the system they designed was only well-suited for a moral society. Once society has lost its moral and ethical compass, freedom can no longer exist. Immoral and unethical people can only be held at bay by laws and strict enforcement.
Before we can fix our government, we must first fix society. This requires accepting personal responsibility for where we are today and where we are headed tomorrow.
The So-called Silent Majority
If the majority of Americans are indeed moral and ethical types, we sure can’t prove it today due to the deafening level of silence over several decades.
The international leftist cabal hell-bent upon destroying this country is a numerical minority. But they have the presence of a massive majority because they are never silent, they never sleep and they are not in the least bit tolerant of the views held by the majority of Americans.
The Reality of where America ranks #1 Today
I do not know who compiled this list, but I thank my buddy Larry Radka for sending it to me this morning just as I was working on this piece. It included supporting links for confirmation. His timing was perfect. It’s a real eye opener concerning the true condition of American society… and that may answer a lot of questions.
- The United States has the highest incarceration rate in the world and the largest total prison population on the entire globe.
- According to NationMaster.com, the United States has the highest percentage of obese people in the world.
- The United States has the highest divorce rate on the globe by a wide margin.
- The United States is tied with the U.K. for the most hours of television watched per person each week.
- The United States has the highest rate of illegal drug use on the entire planet.
- There are more car thefts in the United States each year than anywhere else in the world by far.
- There are more reported rapes in the United States each year than anywhere else in the world.
- There are more reported murders in the United States each year than anywhere else in the world.
- There are more total crimes in the United States each year than anywhere else in the world.
- The United States also has more police officers than anywhere else in the world.
- The United States spends much more on health care as a percentage of GDP than any other nation on the face of the earth.
- The United States has more people on pharmaceutical drugs than any other country on the planet.
- The percentage of women taking antidepressants in America is higher than in any other country in the world.
- Americans have more student loan debt than anyone else in the world.
- More pornography is created in the United States than anywhere else on the entire globe. 89 percent is made in the U.S.A. and only 11 percent is made in the rest of the world.
- The United States has the largest trade deficit in the world every single year. Between December 2000 and December 2010, the United States ran a total trade deficit of 6.1 trillion dollars with the rest of the world, and the U.S. has had a negative trade balance every single year since 1976.
- The United States has the most complicated tax system in the entire world.
- The U.S. has accumulated the biggest national debt that the world has ever seen and it is rapidly getting worse. Right now, U.S. government debt is expanding at a rate of $40,000 per second.
America now ranks #1 in all the wrong things and as a result, we are headed towards dead last in all of the right things. Obama ran for office on cleaning up DC corruption, and then became the most corrupt administration in U.S. history, run by unelected Czars as if we were the Soviet Union.
Tea Partiers succeeded in electing a new pack of Republicans in 2010 only to watch them behave as if they graduated from the Teddy Kennedy School of constitutional subversion since.
Not a single decent individual would dare to run for political office in this country today, which leaves voters with an option between awful and worse in every election cycle.
Bottom line – you can’t get good government from a corrupt and inept society of malcontents.
Yet, the People are the ONLY Hope we have!
Waiting for any politician to fix this thing is like waiting for the tooth fairy to pay your mortgage. It just ain’t going to happen.
Here’s the challenge – the only people who can save this country are the same people who allowed this country to become a total mess to begin with, – and – they are ignorant, self-centered, myopic, often corrupt themselves, and in no condition to do the heavy lifting of saving freedom and liberty from a small but well organized and funded international leftist cabal.
They have no choice but to unify, but they fracture into more impotent groups every day.
They have no choice but to focus on freedom and liberty, yet they can’t get past the daily diet of headlines that keeps them chasing their tails in a circle long enough to focus on anything.
They are still looking for a savior rising up from the cesspool of politics, as if they have not figured out that decent people wouldn’t be caught dead in that cesspool today.
WE are the problem – and still, WE are the ONLY solution we have!
But before we can turn this country around, we have to turn ourselves around. Stable people don’t need government assistance. Decent people don’t need laws. Fit people don’t need much health care and intelligent people don’t need a bunch of thieves in Washington, DC telling them what they can and cannot do.
We have been dancing at the party in this country for decades and now it’s time to pay the band.
If you want to know who is going to fix this country, find a mirror. Not every American is indecent. But the decent people have been bullied into sitting down and shutting up. They stand and speak up now, or they are part of the problem.
Only those willing to fight for freedom deserve freedom! There is no more time for pretenders and patriot profiteers only concerned with gaining a seat at the table of corruption and destruction. The time for a real tea party has arrived and I’m not talking about the next café latte rally full of empty feel-good campaign slogans aimed at benefiting the Republican Party instead of the Constitutional Republic.
Good government can only come from decent people. The indecent people must go! Only the decent people can get rid of them!
“Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled, either by a power within them, or by a power without them; either by the Word of God, or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible or by the bayonet.” – Robert Winthrop