- Law Cases
by Sharon Rondeau
(Apr. 22, 2013) — On Thursday, commentator and radio show host Glenn Beck stated that he had documents in his possession which showed that a young man initially identified by The New York Post last Monday as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombings was a “very bad, bad, bad man” and that the U.S. government was perpetrating a “cover-up.”
Beck stated that several congressmen possessed and had reviewed the same documents which somehow connected Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi to the bombings which killed three and maimed more than 170 others. Also on Friday, Beck had issued an ultimatum to the federal government to reveal the truth about Ali Alharbi by Monday, or he would reveal everything he knew.
After Beck had published a story on Thursday claiming that Alharbi was to be deported on April 23 out of national security concerns, which ICE agents had described as “categorically false.” ICE stated that it had a different Saudi man in custody. In response, Beck issued the ultimatum, saying, “I’ve had enough of what you’ve done to our country.”
On Sunday, Beck reported that the House Homeland Security Committee had requested a closed-door briefing on the “person of interest” and his visa status of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.
Yahoo! News, known to be friendly to the Obama regime, has published an article citing Beck’s work and that of Todd Starnes of Fox News regarding the Saudi national entitled, “Saudi National Questioned in Boston Bombings Was Allegedly Flagged on Terror Watch List.” The link at the bottom to Starnes’ article leads to an error message. The same error message is gleaned from a blogger’s version of the story. However, a very brief statement attributed to Starnes appears at Townhall.com.
Last Thursday, The Post & Email interviewed a terror expert who also stated that the federal government was perpetrating a “cover-up” based on the events which began with the Boston terrorist attack and followed by both John Kerry and Barack Obama meeting with the Saudi Foreign Minister with no press coverage or reportage.
The State Department did not return a request for clarification on the reason Kerry closed his meeting with the foreign minister to the press and whether or not it was connected to the Saudi national deemed a “person of interest” last Monday evening.
A second story written by a contributor to Beck’s The Blaze was published by Yahoo! News giving an overview of the Saudi national’s identification as a “person of interest” in an apparent initial installment of the information he had promised to release today if the federal government did not correct the record.
Beck reports that the Saudi national was flagged with a deportation order which included the number 212 3B, described by Beck as “the equivalent in civil society of charging someone with premeditated murder and seeking the death penalty.” He then reported that “after Secretary of State John Kerry met with Saudi Foreign Minister Saud on Tuesday, the FBI began backtracking on the Saudi national from suspect, to person of interest, to witness, to victim, to nobody.”
Beck then said that on “Wednesday at 5:35 p.m.,” the file was “altered,” which he said could have been done by only one of two people.
Scott Baker of The Blaze is broadcasting at press time, discussing the Chechnyan Boston Marathon bombing suspects. Above the video feed, a heading reads:
Saudi National Questioned in Boston bombings was allegedly flagged on terror watch list
Beck reported that the Saudi national had a student visa which allowed him to attend school in Findlay, OH, not Boston or anywhere else. He urged Americans to call their respective congressmen. He said that DHS and the DOJ are “working very hard to discredit those on the scent.”
Update: At 12:41 p.m. EDT, Scott Baker stated that Starnes’ “complementary piece” to Beck’s research on the Saudi national had been “yanked” for an unknown reason. At 12:47, Baker reiterated that Fox News had “yanked the story for now.”
He added that Alharbi has relatives at Guantanamo Bay and other relatives who have been involved in terrorist activities. His broadcast partner, Jon Seidl, said that “Alharbi” is a common Middle Eastern name but that Beck had researched and is continuing to research the man’s connections.
Michelle Obama visited the Saudi national, as Baker affirmed at 12:51 p.m. “It’s at least very curious…” he said, confirming that legitimate Saudi news outlet had reported it.
Baker said that Alharbi’s file was classified with the “212 3B” designation on Tuesday and then changed on Wednesday. Baker said that the FBI and other organizations are “not happy” with the way their agencies have been run over the “last five years.”
By not holding the militant jihadist suspect as an enemy combatant we are sending the following message to future terrorists:
“Come to America. Blow us up. We’ll pay for your public defender.”