Breaking: Hillary Clinton Set to Testify on Benghazi Attack

Print This Article


by Sharon Rondeau

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will testify to two congressional committees on the Benghazi attack today

(Jan. 23, 2013) — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is scheduled to give testimony at 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday on a September 11 attack which left four Americans dead.

Her first appearance will be before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and the afternoon session will be to the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

On the eleventh anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in the U.S., a group of Islamic terrorists set a U.S. compound on fire and rained mortars on CIA employees who had tried to rescue the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens.

It has been reported that several people are recovering from injuries sustained from the attack but that the Obama regime has not made public their whereabouts.

A report issued by an Accountability Review Board (ARB) stated that during the attack, “security systems and procedures were implemented properly by American personnel, but those systems themselves and the Libyan response fell short on the night of the attacks. Personnel performed to the best of their ability and made every effort to protect, rescue, and recover Ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith. Their decision to depart the Special Mission without Ambassador Stevens came after repeated efforts of many U.S. security agents to find him and Sean Smith in a smoke-filled building still on fire and was precipitated by a second armed attack on the compound from the south.”

The reviewers also wrote that “there simply was not enough time for U.S. military forces to have made a difference” in regard to launching a rescue mission.

Fox News had reported that a “stand down” order had been given to certain units of the military, and putative Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta had said that he “didn’t have enough information” to send help.  ABC News issued a report quoting an unnamed intelligence official who reportedly refuted the “stand down” story.

NBC News describes the Benghazi event as a result of “tragic miscalculations.”  On November 1, The Right Scoop reported that “the Obama administration decided not to call into action the Counterterrorism Security Group (CSG) which is a task force of specialists who specialize in hostage situations and terrorist attacks on any US interest. They also didn’t call into action the Foreign Emergency Support Team (FEST) which is an interagency group that goes in and help facilitates after a terrorist attack.”

ABC reported that “six security officers” were dispatched to Benghazi from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli in response to the attack.  “When the team finally managed to secure transportation and an armed escort into Benghazi, they learned that Stevens  ‘was almost certainly dead and that the security situation at the hospital was uncertain.’  At that point they headed to the annex to help evacuate the Americans located there,” ABC contended.

According to NBC, a second security team was sent from a CIA “annex” to assist, which included Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty. “The U.S. military provided essential support, including sending an unarmed drone and medical evacuation,” reported NBC.

Earlier today, Fox News reported that “U.S. Marines who were part of a FAST (Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team) responding to Libya were told by the State Department to deplane, change out of their U.S. military uniforms and put on civilian clothes before flying to Tripoli — a decision that delayed them from launching by approximately 90 minutes, according to senior military officials who briefed Congress.”

It was later disclosed that two drones flew over the attack scene and transmitted video in real time while members of Obama’s White House staff, the State Department, FBI and CIA communicated via email about what was occurring.

Obama has never answered questions about the Benghazi attack.  Following the deaths of Stevens and the others, he flew to Las Vegas to conduct a campaign event.

Clinton allegedly suffered a concussion after falling from dehydration resulting from a stomach flu last month.  The Metropolitan Police Department denied The Post & Email’s FOIA request for a transcript of the alleged 911 call made on Clinton’s behalf, and the Mayor’s office has failed to respond to an appeal for the documentation.

Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee had described Clinton as “anxious” to testify.

Update, 10:23 a.m.:  Hilary Clinton testified that Americans were evacuated to Walter Reed Hospital and Ramstein Air Force Base to recover from the attack.

© 2013, The Post & Email. All rights reserved.

Categories: National