- Law Cases
by Sharon Rondeau
(Nov. 26, 2012) — In an article published on Sunday, ABC News referred to the fallout from inaccurate and misleading comments made by United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice following the attack in Benghazi, Libya which killed four Americans a “PR disaster” which could conclude with Rice’s appointment as Secretary of State.
Citing decreasing criticism of Rice’s statements made on five Sunday morning talk shows on September 16 regarding the Benghazi murders, the anonymously-authored piece contended that “The White House could finally have its chance to to close the books on its Benghazi public relations disaster.”
Is that what the deaths of four Americans are considered by the media?
Also on Sunday, the AP reported that Republican “opposition” to Rice’s expected nomination is “beginning to crack” because Sens. Lindsey Graham and John McCain stated that Rice should have a chance to explain her erroneous comments made on September 16 about the Benghazi attack having been the result of protests over an anti-Islamic video.
The same ABC article was published by TIME Magazine, long known to be an Obama regime propaganda mouthpiece. The AP report was carried by Fox News with the added phrase in the title, “McCain could be persuaded to back her.” Nowhere in the article, however, is such a statement by McCain quoted. Discussion of a “cover-up” regarding the Benghazi murders is called “speculation.”
While UPI reported that Woods and Doherty were both “security officers” and “CIA contractors” in the same piece, it quoted a Wall Street Journal report which stated that nearly all personnel at the Benghazi building were CIA employees working “under diplomatic cover.” WorldNetDaily had reported on October 16 that the Benghazi compound was not a “consulate,” but rather, “a meeting place to coordinate aid for the rebel-led insurgencies in the Middle East.”
The White House admitted to changing a reference in the talking points from “consulate” to “diplomatic facility,” but if The Wall Street Journal is correct, the location did not serve the function of a consulate.
A report from National Journal reports that Graham and McCain have now focused their criticism on Obama but that Graham did not believe Rice’s statement that her responses on September 16 were the CIA’s best assessment of the situation at the time. On November 16, former CIA Director David Petraeus testified that references to Al Qaeda were removed from the memo he prepared containing his assessment of the cause of the violence, although he did not know who was responsible.
CBS News has reported that Obama’s Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, removed references to terrorists from the talking points which Rice used during her television interviews that day.
On October 16, Rice defended herself by stating that she had repeated the information given to her by the intelligence community.
Neither McCain nor Graham has said that he will approve Rice’s nomination after she presumably testifies during nomination hearings. Prior to the Thanksgiving holiday, both had said that they would oppose it.
In an apparent effort to continue the cover-up perpetrated by the White House regarding the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012, the unidentified writer states that the two former Navy SEALS, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, were “contract security guards.” It is now well-known that Woods and Doherty were CIA employees. UPI reports that the CIA actually was the “real commanding authority” for the building where Amb. Christopher Stevens and Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith were murdered.
Woods and Doherty were working at the CIA annex about a mile from the Benghazi compound and rushed to assist once they learned that it was under siege. They were killed by a mortar several hours into the attack.
On September 16, Rice insisted on five Sunday talk shows that the violence in Cairo and Benghazi had been caused by “a heinous and offensive video,” referring to “Innocence of Muslims,” a low-budget internet video made by a convicted felon who has been sentenced to additional jail time for violating his probation to produce it.
The New York Times reported on Monday that the video had been “promoted by a shadowy assortment of right-wing Christians in the United States.” However, the video was produced by Muslims, not Christians.
The Times stated incorrectly that the four killed in Benghazi were the ambassador and “three staff members.” The U.S. government had reportedly “warned” personnel at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo of “possible violence” before September 11 as a result of short segments of the video having been aired by some Middle Eastern media outlets, but American personnel stationed in Libya were reportedly not given the same warning.
On Saturday, Reuters stated that Rice’s chances of become Secretary of State are now “significantly damaged.” The same report claims that other members of the United Nations Security Council have complained about Rice’s “aggressive negotiating tactics.”
As of “11 hours ago” at the time of this writing, McCain “stood firm on his position.”
Tags: ABC News, Amb. Christopher Stevens, Benghazi Libya, Cairo, CIA, FOX News, Glen Doherty, John McCain, National Journal, NDI James Clapper, Obama regime, propaganda, Sean Smith, Sen, Sen. Lindsey Graham, Susan Rice, The Wall Street Journal, Time magazine, Tyrone Woods, U.S. mission, UPI, WorldNetDaily